Should I cancel my appointment?

Guest mech_e

Guest mech_e

There's only one I shop I know around my area (Twin Cities, MN). I went in the other day to make an appointment and ask some questions. I kinda got the feeling while asking questions that the guy really didn't want to take the time to help me. I have an 05 Honda Accord, and he said they wouldn't install felt for it. On top of all that, he said 50% (legal limit here in the people's nanny state of MN) wasn't really worth it to begin with. I don't really know what I should do. :lol2

Guest tintdawg
he might have just been really busy :lol6 I know I'm guilty of having done the same thing. :krazy

I agree, sometimes we get real busy around this time of year(compared to retail and christmas) Give them another chance, Try to keep your questions short a sweet. If they dont return it professionally... Go ahead and cancel. You'll be ok with 50%.

Guest darkdan

I'm down in Owatonna. Which is about an hour south, but about 75% of customers make the drive to come see me from there.

Legal limit is always worth it. In the People's Republik of Minnesota they are VERY strict on tint.

Even 50% rejects enough heat for comfort while driving. Plus it adds a little something to the vehicle. People should look at your car and say, "nice car" and not "wow, that's dark tint."

He wouldn't felt it? WTF?

Guest mech_e

I know the guy wasn't the owner, and he was just sitting behind the counter. I wasn't really upset about it, I'm just really confused over the whole tint thing, and he didn't seem to offer anything extra in advice or anything. Looks like I'll have to make the trek to Owatonna. It'll be just an excuse to check out Cabela's.

ask to speak to the owner and provide your reasons for canceling with due notice. as an owner I would surely want to know if one of my employees was telling customers the legal limit "wan't even worth it" :thumb

:lol Because if the shop only does legal tint, and 50% is legal in your state, then :wall Its just about all they can install, so if its not worth it, why are they tinting to begin with? Some shops dont want to be responsible for the aftermarket felt, maybe thats why they woudn't felt the car. :wall Do like TTC said, give them another call, if you dont like what you here, cancel. But we hate no shows.

Archived