I suck and need help

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintjob@yahoo
Trust me man-get the ivory out and learn the soap method! It is by far (IMO) the best way! Switching from one method to another will only confuse you! I do almost every back glass the same way! Practice and pay attention to the results! One on one-I could have you shrinkin away in one day! :beer Sorry-I dont have a video! TG????? :beer

get the ivory out......... who told you to OVORY???????????????? :beer:beer

Keep the gun moving, shrink it in a wide motion.

Well, I tried the Ivory soap thing once but unsure if I did it right because I had some trouble. How much soap in the water do you use??? Maybe I didn't use enough? Wet shrink is all I can seem to do at the moment but listening to everyone on here, that's not the way do it.

The 2 things I have a lot of problems with is creasing and fingers. On the Cobalt I actually had shrinked it enough to where it looked pretty good. It only had a few real small fingers so I thought I was good to go. When I put it on the glass, I had huge fingers everywhere and sure enough, messing with it too much caused me to crease it in 2 places.

First, you need to let the soap dry on the glass.

the only thing wet will be your anchor, which is an H pattern.

Secondly, how are you installing after your shrink?

Personally, I like to reverse roll it out.

It has helped me with most of the creasing problems I've had.

Good luck with it. Keep pluggin' you'll get it with some practice. :dunno

Where are you located???? :beer

Keep the gun moving, shrink it in a wide motion.

Well, I tried the Ivory soap thing once but unsure if I did it right because I had some trouble. How much soap in the water do you use??? Maybe I didn't use enough? Wet shrink is all I can seem to do at the moment but listening to everyone on here, that's not the way do it.

The 2 things I have a lot of problems with is creasing and fingers. On the Cobalt I actually had shrinked it enough to where it looked pretty good. It only had a few real small fingers so I thought I was good to go. When I put it on the glass, I had huge fingers everywhere and sure enough, messing with it too much caused me to crease it in 2 places.

First, you need to let the soap dry on the glass.

the only thing wet will be your anchor, which is an H pattern.

Secondly, how are you installing after your shrink?

Personally, I like to reverse roll it out.

It has helped me with most of the creasing problems I've had.

Good luck with it. Keep pluggin' you'll get it with some practice. :lol

Where are you located???? :thumbdown

Oh, OK so I still use a little water huh? When I go to transfer to the glass, I usually either just hold the whole thing if it's not too long or bi or tri-fold it.

I'm in the sticks in Ohio. :lol

The one thing I haven't seen mention yet it that different companies materials shrink differently as well as each different grade of tint in their line ups.

Normally the thinner tints will shrink easier :dunno:dunno

Yeah, I know different grades and tint materials behave differently.

Just to throw in my 2 cents. I use ZERO water after applying the soapy muck. No water H. Just lay the film on a completely dried and soapy filmed back glass and make an H with a white card or something similar. The film will stick just fine. If you are getting creases while shrinking, odds are that you are not shrinking enough and getting in a hurry. Creases while installing could be mishandling the film or not squeegeeing correctly. By the way, for you soap doubters, Cobalts fall into the 3-5 minute shrink category.

Archived