I suck and need help

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest solarspot

:heh

Practice on your SRT, if you can get that one good, you can get 90+% of back windows good. I spent about 40 minutes tinting this car today, it came out cherry.

tint020.jpg

tint019.jpg

:beer This was the first back glass I ever shrank and it gave me he\\ (I think 5 black balls went to the trash) :spit I was thinking little 4 door car no problem boy was I wrong. It was a good car to start on if you can get good on this one you will only get a curve ball every once in a while

:bingo

Practice on your SRT, if you can get that one good, you can get 90+% of back windows good. I spent about 40 minutes tinting this car today, it came out cherry.

tint020.jpg

tint019.jpg

:beer This was the first back glass I ever shrank and it gave me he\\ (I think 5 black balls went to the trash) :beer I was thinking little 4 door car no problem boy was I wrong. It was a good car to start on if you can get good on this one you will only get a curve ball every once in a while

Yep, I plan on messing with my srt4 this weekend. First, I have to pull off the sh***y tint job I did last year. I used solarg last time but will experiment with Suntek and JP this time around.

Now, another question. I will be pulling tint off my srt4. This is the first time doing this to a window with defrost. I know aout using amonia and then putting a trashbag over it and letting it soak. Am I missing anything else??? Should it pull off farely easy then??? Also, once I have the tint off, should I 000 steel wool the glass? How carefull do you have to be with the lines when scrubbing it with the steel wool?

Yep, I plan on messing with my srt4 this weekend. First, I have to pull off the sh***y tint job I did last year. I used solarg last time but will experiment with Suntek and JP this time around.

Now, another question. I will be pulling tint off my srt4. This is the first time doing this to a window with defrost. I know aout using amonia and then putting a trashbag over it and letting it soak. Am I missing anything else??? Should it pull off farely easy then??? Also, once I have the tint off, should I 000 steel wool the glass? How carefull do you have to be with the lines when scrubbing it with the steel wool?

That's about it, make sure you have some sun and don't let it dry out, so check on it every 10-15 minutes. After maybe 40 minutes, give a little peel on the corner and see if it's coming off without leaving glue, if it's not, let it sit longer. Steel wool won't hurt it the defroster, razorblades will.

Well, I pulled off the old tint today. I did the dry sheet trick with Suntek's ATR film. I was suprised at the speed at which it shrank. The first time doing it went pretty well but there were some small areas I didn't like so I redid it. The 2nd time I had more problems with reverse roll (1st try at that too) and ended up getting more contam than I would want but decided to leave it go. It's getting hot again and it's time to relax by the pool.

I think a few more trys and I'll have it close enough. I'll redo my SRT4 again and my try the powder method next time. I think I just wasn't getting it to move enough in some areas.

Guest MidcoastMW

you gota be very carefull when u reverse roll. I get more contamn when I do it. Today I frankied a car and it was near flawless!!!!!!! (was an easy car to frankie tho.)

Just keep at it. :spit

you gota be very carefull when u reverse roll. I get more contamn when I do it. Today I frankied a car and it was near flawless!!!!!!! (was an easy car to frankie tho.)

Just keep at it. :rollin

What's a franky? My dad took a Frankie with him to Sturgis and probably made her more saddle sore than what she got off the Harley :DD

Anyhoo, I'm gonna try and redo it once again maybe this week or weekend because there is way too much contamination for my likes. Actually, it's probably the worse contamned tint I've done in a long time. I think this time I'm gonna use the JP film too.

Guest MidcoastMW

Franky is short for 'frankinstiening' the film into the car. like with your arms out like a zombie and the big ole peice of tint just draped over....and walking to the car like you just sh*t out a jar of salsa.

Franky is short for 'frankinstiening' the film into the car. like with your arms out like a zombie and the big ole peice of tint just draped over....and walking to the car like you just sh*t out a jar of salsa.

Honestly I laughed out loud at this one...I think is is just about the best way I have ever heard it put before...lol!!!!!

Archived