I suck and need help

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Franky is short for 'frankinstiening' the film into the car. like with your arms out like a zombie and the big ole peice of tint just draped over....and walking to the car like you just sh*t out a jar of salsa.

Honestly I laughed out loud at this one...I think is is just about the best way I have ever heard it put before...lol!!!!!

:DD I would love to see an installer doing that method :rollin

just go take a class

I would if there was any classes around where I am at. I'm the only window tinter with in about a 30 mile radius and am in a rural area. So, that being said plus the fact that I don't order a lot of tint like someone in Columbus or Cleveland, they don't bother with me.

Guest lurch
OK, I'm still having some issues with shrinking back windows. I tried to one piece the back of a 2dr Cobalt and kept mucking it up. Is there any cheap CD's out there that are cheap that I could buy. There's got to be something simple I am missing. Yes, I've tried powder, wet, Ivory soap and fabric softener. Wet seems to work the best for me but I'm still having issues. Customers don't seem to complain about it mainly because I am so cheap but I've gotta get better at this. :nope

Use your hand with the heat gun when u get a fairly big finger split it into 2 fingers,if they are still too big split each finger u just made again and so on aventually you will have alot of small heat shrunk lines you can easily push out without creasing with a hard card. if you are scared to crease it try pushing a good amount of pressure on the tint with the hard card and goin slow you will catch yourself before you crease it if you are carful

Guest razerbern

My problem with shrinking is that on the bigger fingers I crease them from heat... but the remedy to thwarting this problem is to, as previously stated, split the finger into two smaller fingers, shrink the finger a little at a time by heating then hard carding the finger and then shrink some more of the excess.. I can usually do well once I do this correctly.

My problem with shrinking is that on the bigger fingers I crease them from heat... but the remedy to thwarting this problem is to, as previously stated, split the finger into two smaller fingers, shrink the finger a little at a time by heating then hard carding the finger and then shrink some more of the excess.. I can usually do well once I do this correctly.

Yes I know shrinking the smaller fingers first helps. I just did the dryer sheet the "correct" way over the weekend and that solved a lot of my problems. The only major thing I had wrong this time around was contamination mostly from trying to do reverse rolling the tint.

Archived