Buying film w/o a business license?

Guest vital

Guest S and S
No matter what state or jurisdiction you are in, by law you are required to have a tax license to assume business responsibilities. Simply put, you have to pay the taxman... Incorporating yourself should not take you more than a couple hours, filing the appropriate paperwork. It also costs something around $50-$100 depending on the state. So, instead of risking future catastrophe, just "inc." yourself. You'll sleep better at night.

Iwould beg to differ. Because I am NOT within city limits at my shop I do not have to have a business license because I provide a service and do not sell anything. I pay taxes thru my social security # just like normal. I have only ever had ONE company ask for license # and I gave them my social and it worked. I just recently bought a business license because I am gonna start doing stereos again.

Guest filmpeople

No matter what state or jurisdiction you are in, by law you are required to have a tax license to assume business responsibilities. Simply put, you have to pay the taxman... Incorporating yourself should not take you more than a couple hours, filing the appropriate paperwork. It also costs something around $50-$100 depending on the state. So, instead of risking future catastrophe, just "inc." yourself. You'll sleep better at night.

Iwould beg to differ. Because I am NOT within city limits at my shop I do not have to have a business license because I provide a service and do not sell anything. I pay taxes thru my social security # just like normal. I have only ever had ONE company ask for license # and I gave them my social and it worked. I just recently bought a business license because I am gonna start doing stereos again.

I was referring to "tax license" not any other license. your social security number can be dubbed as your tax id as long as you are registered with the state as a business - which you are... (read my post again. it says tax license) :rollin

Guest Texasrocker

... yea, "S & S', we"re in the same boat in a ways. My shop is just outside city-limits, so I can use my SS# as being a business. It also saves my customers from paying 8.25% sales tax, which I dont have too add to the price of a tint job. I "pay" State sales tax on everything I purchase, window film, tools, supplies, advertising, etc. Since their is "no tax" on labor, I dont even have to deal with the "comptroller". At the end of each tax year, I can "write-off" all expenses, including deductions for company vehicles,etc. If I need help: ( Labor), I pay "cash" as contract labor. Since I dont sell window-film over the counter, (just install it only), dont even have to report to the "comptroller". No probs in over 11 yrs. I spend my "savings" to keep 5 1/2 Tons COLD A.C. blowing inside my shop, and pay my "liability insurance" paid in full instead!! If I sold products "over the counter", I would have to charge state sales tax. You, got it "goin-on" Dude!!! TR :?

the best place is windowtintfactory.com u get craaazy deals there forsure, just go ahead and check how much tint is there then call an local distributer in your area u will be amazed on how big of a differnce in cost it is, and this guy has everything. hp automotive, dyed.. flat glass....whatever u need man.

Guest olletsoc
the best place is windowtintfactory.com u get craaazy deals there forsure, just go ahead and check how much tint is there then call an local distributer in your area u will be amazed on how big of a differnce in cost it is, and this guy has everything. hp automotive, dyed.. flat glass....whatever u need man.

let me guess. windowtintfactory.com = you

The prices he's charging are nothing special...

I don't think you should be putting HP 5% film on most residential windows, either. :thumb

Guest Jason

Wow, I have never seen so many typos and bad grammar. Somebody made that site in a hurry

Archived