take this job and shove it

Aaaaaahhh work sucks... if only you were a millionaire, wouldn't it be nice. Time is drawing near where

I say the heck with my job now (land surveyor) and get back into window tinting. I worked for a

res/com window tint company for 6 yrs. 1999-2004 as an employee. Like to become a subcontractor and

jump in the water and see if I can stay above water and do it on my own...? Learned quite a bit in those

six yrs with the company. Installed skidloads of tinting and I know I do clean work. Im hoping to get

work from local tint and glass co's in the area. Then also sell some jobs on my own. I know its not easy.

But Im reading for the plunge over the railing into the water below.

-Splash! Hopefully I can stay above water. -LOL Any advice is appreciated.

How the heck do you get those smiley faces over here...?

-SF

go for it,I did the same thing and never looked back!good luck. where you at steelfly?

Baretta,

Im from the suburbs of Philly Pa. Loads of new housing developements everywhere. High end.

Good for the tinting business. Competition isn't all that bad either, not a whole lot of tint co. around.

I do side jobs now for a few in the area. Just want to take it to the next level sometime in the near

future. - Thanks for the vote of confidence.

-SF

Not too many would be able to land survey without some sort of university education.

Don't lose what you may already gained with a lot of blood sweat and tears.

Devil

Devil,

In my case, its not what you know, its WHO you know. I don't have a lick of any college education.

Barely made it out of highschool actually. I know somebody in this company that got me in there. Its

not like I'm making great money either, but money is not always everything. Helps to like what you do,

screw surveying, you can keep it. Im getting back into glass tinting except this time, Im going to go

more out on my own. Nice to have some freedom, know what I mean. I do understand where your

coming from though. But its not like I went through schooling and all that. Im sure of it that I can

make double, triple the income if I just get the b@lls and go for it.

-SF

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
:lol6 sounds like you hit the nail on the head with the "liking what you do" deal. I've had many a sh***y job that payed better than tinting but I actually enjoy getting up in the morning thinking about the different cars I will tint today and how sweet they look when im done. Jump on in...the tint water is fine :beer

:heh sounds like you hit the nail on the head with the "liking what you do" deal. I've had many a sh***y job that payed better than tinting but I actually enjoy getting up in the morning thinking about the different cars I will tint today and how sweet they look when im done. Jump on in...the tint water is fine :?

Blackout,

You got it. Nice thing getting out of bed and enjoying your work. And quite the opposite when you don't

like your job, aahhh someday I'll just say , the heck with it all and live out at sea. Hahaaa , I'll just

cruise around and tint boats. "Mine if I climb aboard and show you a few samples...?"

-SF

Guest scottstinting

Well I worked as Tinter for a big Company Q Bart for 14 years and what I did while I got my business up and running smoothly was I worked 3rd shift in a factory for pretty good money and would tint by day and sleep when ever 4 yrs worth and finaly Had Back surgery and never went back to the factory .I also never looked back and im not always tired anymore and seem to do alright

Well I worked as Tinter for a big Company Q Bart for 14 years and what I did while I got my business up and running smoothly was I worked 3rd shift in a factory for pretty good money and would tint by day and sleep when ever 4 yrs worth and finaly Had Back surgery and never went back to the factory .I also never looked back and im not always tired anymore and seem to do alright

Scottstinting,

Ive thought about possibly working a part time job and sub contract and tint on the side. 3rd shift

though, no way. I could never work that shift, I know you get paid a better rate for that shift but money

I$ not everything.

-SF

Archived