Perfect dot matrix on everycar, everytime

Guest blake28

Guest gus738

I got confused too , I was just told to sand the dot matrix and it have it clean and it should work, I have a 06' civic 2dr couple Ex which I'm going to tint evertying but front winshiled computer cut so the rear window will be a breeze but will I run into the dot matrix issue?

ideals 0000 steel wool

sand paper? :rollin

leave it alone

those are the only things I can think of for now ... any thoughts everyon?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest razerbern
I don't know about the rest of you. But I have to get the film wet, to keep the glue from sticking immediately, including the part that is supposed to go on the "dry" dots, making them wet

If you dry it, crease will come. Exactly what happens to me, pisses me off when it happens.

Guest blake28
:bingo

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of that white haze that's on just about every dot matrix cluster. So, I asked a good friend of mine (he's been tinting for 22 years) how he handles those annoying little dots. He told me an awesome, yet simple, secret that works exceptionally well.

Here's whatcha ya do:

shrink and cut your pattern as usual-- blah blah blah. After you hang the pattern on your hang board, go clean the glass as you normally would. Now get a scrubbie and scrub the dots a little. Squeegee the dots off. Now get a lint-free paper towel and go over the dots (just the dots) until they are completely dry.

Spray the rest of the window as usual. Take extreme care not to get any water on the dot matrix while you wet the rest of the glass (this is very important). The whole point is to keep the dots as-dry-as-possible. Go get your pattern and spray it down. After you line the pattern up on the window, look at the dot matrix and squeegee the bottom half of the dot matrix down. Meaning, very gently pull the water out of the bottom half of the dot matrix by squeegeeing it down onto the glass part of the window and leave the upper half of the dot matrix wet. Now squeegee the rest of the window. Leave the upper half of the dot matrix wet (untouched) for exactly 60 sec. Now squeegee the water UP out of the dot matrix using a teflon gold card or teflon black. No other card will work.

Now your done and your the dots will look absolutely perfect. It works everytime on every car. Now go ask for a raise. heheheheheeee

good question... the point is to minimize the amount of water. if you sprayed the dots and the tint there would be a lot more water accumulated in the dots. so, keep the dots bone dry, but the tint can't be dry for obvious reasons. most of the water runs off the tint when carrying it from the hang board to the rear glass... it's simple but it works very well :lol2

Archived