IS250 door pilar damage

Guest ninjatinter

I had to replace the same exact piece last week cuz we got to close with the heat gun. Believe me when I tell you , it does not take much heat on those pillars. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't you it was the other tinter. :lol

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rockabilly
I had to replace the same exact piece last week cuz we got to close with the heat gun.

Ditto. Trying to heat up a finger from the outside of the car, and the moulding melted like butter.

Also, be wary of the plastic moulding around the windows on the inside of the car...these are also made of butter and can be easily damaged if you are not careful with your squeegee. If you are a panel puller, once you have the door trims off, these plastic mouldings come off pretty easy.

I had to replace the same exact piece last week cuz we got to close with the heat gun. Believe me when I tell you , it does not take much heat on those pillars. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't you it was the other tinter. :?

do you have any pictures of the damage? I am lookin at a 3-4 hundred to fix it.. The panels themselves are around 40-50 ea so I could replace them in house but I will have to see if the customer is cool with that...

Too bad he isnt into some ghetto chrome trim for the pillars! :lol

Man I am glad the last guy here got me started on tinting, but damn he was not a good guy to have near a car.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I read on here someone said to use masking tape to cover up areas you don't want to damage with the heatgun. Lately I've been doing this and it works very well.Many Thanks to the person that said this.

Guest ninjatinter

I had to replace the same exact piece last week cuz we got to close with the heat gun. Believe me when I tell you , it does not take much heat on those pillars. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't you it was the other tinter. :lol6

do you have any pictures of the damage? I am lookin at a 3-4 hundred to fix it.. The panels themselves are around 40-50 ea so I could replace them in house but I will have to see if the customer is cool with that...

Too bad he isnt into some ghetto chrome trim for the pillars! :lol6

Man I am glad the last guy here got me started on tinting, but damn he was not a good guy to have near a car.

The piece costs $32.00, somone is giving you a ride. I installed it myself. Old one pulls off. like a Lego part, then just pull up the outer trim piece and it just snaps in with some double stick tape and yer done. :rollin

I read on here someone said to use masking tape to cover up areas you don't want to damage with the heatgun. Lately I've been doing this and it works very well.Many Thanks to the person that said this.

Thats a good tip. :lol6

thanks for the tip. I will be looking into getting them for the price mentioned ($32) that would make life a lot easier.

Guest keepitcool

it was caused by the heatgun. you have got to keep the gun moving when heating around those pillars, in stead of focusing the heat on one smale area at a time. but luckily those new pillar covers are about 25$. cheap mistake. I learned quick. watch out for the same thing on the new es350 models too. same pillars.

Archived