IS250 door pilar damage

Guest ninjatinter
Lexus parts online is a simple solution, google it, I don't have a link as I don't wreck the car with a heatgun. :lol

Nice Karma post. :lol

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's the black apillar mouldings are wrinkled next to the glass, it more than likelt was a heat gun. I sanded and polished them after one of my installers got them a little hot. This is of course if you are heating the windows near the edges to help them dry out and stay down. Those cars we've just been taking the door glasses out on the fronts.

If it's the black apillar mouldings are wrinkled next to the glass, it more than likelt was a heat gun. I sanded and polished them after one of my installers got them a little hot. This is of course if you are heating the windows near the edges to help them dry out and stay down. Those cars we've just been taking the door glasses out on the fronts.

care to share how you did the sanding? grit and process etc...

care to share how you did the sanding? grit and process etc...

You can pop them off carefully, I don't remember exactly how, but they came off rather easily. The damage wasn't terrible, just some small wrinkles down the edge, but noticeablt to an ultra-picky customer. I was able to get it smooth by wet-sanding with 2000grit, then with a polishing compound and a buffing compound. They aren't painted, so although it was slightly more dull than the rest, you really had the look for it, the customer was pleased.

Another tip, if you turn the car on with one of the window switches unplugged, when you plug it back in, it won't roll up and down from the main switch and the auto-down won't work. You need to reset the limit switch for the anti-pinch feature. If I remember right, from the window that needs to be reset, start with it up, and roll it down on the non-auto (like 1/2 way on the switch), all the way down and hold for a couple seconds, then roll it up the same, non-auto, to the top and hold a couple seconds.

good to know .thanks for the tip. Are there other cars out there that have a similar reset setup?

I haven't come across any, but most of the cars I pull the panels on don't lose the switches when you disconnect them. I have a good feeling that it's something new toyota is doing with their window setup. Everything is getting so computerized now days it's crazy. Now there are various window reset procedures for different manufacturers, but for the most part it only matters if you are replacing windows and and windows fit slightly different you have to reset the limit switches.

Archived