Mobile install vs shop

Guest Shooter38

Guest Shooter38

I need to get 3 cars tinted and the front of the house. It obviously would be easier to have someone come to my house to do all 4. I have searched for an hour and have not found a thread directly on this.

Is it recommended to take the cars to a quality shop which has a more sterile environment for the install than in my garage or driveway????

Is it possible to be a good hybrid installer - ie flat work and autos?

If so how many years of experience and jobs is a good indicator?

I found a mobile installer in the Orlando area that does commercial, residential and autos (claims >20,000 autos over 20 yrs, and some of the cars from several movies). He did send me here to start my research which obviously shows some industry knowledge and confidence...

Thanks and cheers :rollin

Guest vclimber

Cleaner environment is more preferable, not necessarily better if the installer in a nice clean shop turns out to be a hack.

The truth is in the finished product. You have to see an installer's work to know if he is any good or not so ask him if you can go take a look at his work for yourself.

Cleaner environment is more preferable, not necessarily better if the installer in a nice clean shop turns out to be a hack.

The truth is in the finished product. You have to see an installer's work to know if he is any good or not so ask him if you can go take a look at his work for yourself.

:rollin But if you have a nice clean air conditioned garage, it may be possible to do your vehicles there. But allot of people on here may disagree, and will discourage a mobile install. I guess it will all depend on how picky you are. Allot of shops, like us, try our very best, and have gone to great lengths to reduce contamination in our shops in order to provide the customer with a quality and clean install, after all, thats what you are paying for. We will also pick up and deliver, see if shops in your area will do the same.

my cousin had his dodge dakota done in clearwater in his driveway, outside and it looks as good as I can do in a shut up garage! Said the tinter had to wait for still, non-windy, day to come, but he did it outside....so it is possible to get done....

inside is much better overall...

check the guys work and see what he does!

Guest a1wintinter

Hey shooter where you located? We have plenty of mobile exp. with everything needed for a good clean job. I have a shop, but I still tinted my lexus at home in my garage and it looks great. We can also take care of the house for you as well. Send me an e-mail we can talk a little more or answer some of your questions. a1wintinter@yahoo.com

Guest darkdan

Funny you mention that.

This weekend I'm tinting 2 Mustangs, a GTI, and 3 windows on the front of a house. The person lives nearly an hour away.

Since I'll be at his house anyways, and with the cost of gas....I'm doing it there. I predict no problems. He has a triple car garage with the single side double deep, decent lighting, new house, garage pretty clean.

If it was a rat infested nest with old paint falling off the walls I wouldn't do it.

If you have a decent garage, where the installer can actually pull in the car and work. And you (and this is a must) are able to stay out of his/her way, then by all means let him tint your windows!

It sounds like you have done your homework, so go for it :hmmm

Guest a1wintinter
We live in Stoneybrook West, in Winter Garden in western Orlando area.

How about you?

We are in NE FL. Drop me an e-mail, I come to Orando all the time.

Archived