35% 20 % net law change

Guest keepitcool

Guest keepitcool

well it finally happened! thanks to the stupid assholes tinting limo all around and doing windsheilds every where here in lincoln the state patrol has changed the law from a 35 20 film law to a net law, the f@cked up thing is that the law chaged on April 27th of this year, & the state iwfa or even the distributers didnt tell anyone. not only in lincoln but anywhere. even our SG rep didnt know about the change we did all the investigating and called him back to let him know the law had been changed. and bekeart is the company that talked the stae patrol into buying tint meters for the whole state which is what started the whole law change. Thank you SG. its really weird that SG is one of the few companies that sells the rihgt percentages of film to accomplish the 35 20 net readings needed to be legal. so now im stuck. im not sure what to do. ive spoke w/ iwfa a few reps and I get angrier and more disgusted evry person I talk to. none of the films I use come in a 40% or a 45% the good news is that iwfa pushed for a 7% tolerance I the readings. so if I understood it right state patrol will only issue a warning (not a fix it ticket) for front doors that fall below 28% or below 13% on the back. what I dont understand is if they have that 7% tolerance anyways why cant they just change the net % to 28% and 13%. that way I dont have to find new films, I dont have to tell my customers that "even though this is legal film you may still get a warning to remove it" and the state patrol will still get to use thier CUTE LITTLE LIGHT METERS!!!!!!!! THEN THEY CAN TAKE THEM HOME THAT NIGHT AND RUB THEMSELVES W/ THE METERS TOO!

SORRY. I AM REALY PISSE ABOUT THIS. IT ALL STARTED W/ A FILM MANUFACTURER SELLING METERS.

the only light at the end of the tunnel is that it sounds like they wont be very hard on front doors unless they are visbly too dark. but theres always those rookies out there itchn to use those meters and score a dr*g bust or illegal immigrant smuggling or something. The messed up thing is that ive been workin on this for about a week now and I talked to the iwfa guy represting this case and he said im "THA ONLY CALL FROM NEBRASKA HE HAS GOTTEN ABOUT THIS SUBJECT" unbeileivable :?:?. another problem I got is im wondering if the peoples cars that ive done since april is now supposidly illegal, so I have to worry about possibly having to redo those vehicles? this is total BS. :heh

the reaso I posted this is to see if anyone else has gone through this particular law change and what they did for films. did you chage lines or darknesses? did you keep putting on 35% 20% and just count on the 7% tolerance warning to take care of things did you fight it? petition? any help or advice will be helpful and is appreciated.

Guest Texasrocker

Sorry to hear that!! Ive never trusted the IWFA or SG products either (never will either). Now hearing your story just confirms. If you have a "backstock" of the SG, sell it to a dealer in another State where its still legal, cut your losses, and move on. I would find a different Mfgr., that will stand behind you, and tell SG you will not "honor warranties" if they back out! Its not totally the fault of SG, but they should stand behind you regardless in a situation like this!! Keep Tinting!!! TR :?

Guest keepitcool

its not really that they arent standing behind me its just the fact that they should have at least known of the change and in turn tell us and the other shops that buy their films. I am good freinds w/ our SG rep known him for years so I know he wouldve told us if he knew. now that he does know hes doing investigating of his own too and we are going to wrok togther.

iwfa knew for about a year before it happened that something was going to happen and spent that time supposdly trying to fight it. but if you arent a member you didnt get the "memo" thay sent out regarding the change. sems to me if the iwfa is all about keeping things legal and safe they shouldve sent all shops manufacturers and distributers this "memo" but in all fairness I have to say that the gentelmen at iwfa I am working w/ did tell me that even though im not a member they would help me in any way they could w/ this issue including court representation, and by doing that hoping to win us over and become a member. did you guys know the biggest mmm distributer ist even a member. or even mmm themselves.

Dang IWFA and BK should be whipped :?

Isn't this what the IWFA is supposed to be all about? They didn't even KNOW about it?

Several big names like Johnson (I think) dropped out a while back. Now they are a puppet organization of just a few like SG. The manufactures are the reason IWFA is still around. Window tinters certainly don?t contribute enough to make their payroll. :heh

Guest Texasrocker

... if the SG rep didnt know?... says alot about SG and their products to me. I have been tinting for too-many years to count now, but this is total BS by IWFA & SG execs!!! Maybe they are sleeping-together before the "AIMCAL" tests comes out on SG products? Reckon?? If your a member of the IWFA, call em, tell em you want a refund of your dues, scrape their logo off your business, and advertising, change brands, and keep Tinting!! The "choice" is yours!! Best of luck, it takes years to find out the truth about product-stability and mfgrs sometimes. Im still learning to "trust" product by product, and SG will never be a part of my future at all!! I already "fired" the IWFA years ago!! Keep Tinting, you will "find your way" in the jungle of "hoopla", (brands), by letting the "Sun" tell you!!! TR

Guest keepitcool

honestly im not too worried about SG or iwfa, I can do w/o both of them. its my customers that are gonna get pulled over and ticketed ( or warned) about the legal film I applied to their windows which is now illegal all because of some stupid light meters and a bunch of shitbags doing nothing but illegal tinting, and im not just talking about 20% on the doors either.

Guest Texasrocker

I still think SG knew about this, but continued to ship product into the State that was about to have law-changes! Now, we have a bro holdin a "bag of goods"? Guess we will see how this turns out. The Nebraska "legal Tinters" dont deserve this law-change, and its the IWFA, that let it happen anyways. Just my take, I dont trust the IWFA, and SG products never impressed me from the get-go. I just hate seeing a fellow-tinter "holdin th bag"!! Great job IWFA!!!!, and SG products have always "spoke for themselves"! No competition at all !!! TR

don't blame bekaert......blame the fuggin jackasses breaking the law everyday. you know other companies wouldn't talk law enforcement into using meters....they'd lose business from hackasses.

Archived