Melted Headliners!!!!

Guest CSCustoms

Guest CSCustoms

Well the story goes that a couple of years ago a guy came in with an old ford truck ext. cab and wanted to get it tinted. So I proceeded and got it done and of course did a great job. :thumb

The owner picked up his truck, was very happy and him and his buddies got in and drove away.

About a half and hour later he came back freaking saying that someone melted his headliner. :lol

My boss asked me if I melted it with the heat gun. I tried to explain to him that "FLAT GLASS doesn't need to be heated and if it did, I heat on the outside, not the inside.

In the end, the company had to come good for the headliner which I think is BS :bs Cause my guess it that one of the dudes in the back burnt it with a lighter by accident. :bs

Or there might be a very slight possibility that when my boss was back there cleaning the truck, his "Hairspray" head touched the headliner and caused a reaction causing the headliner to melt from the weather heat outside. :dmc

Who knows, all I know is that happened once before on a vette right in the middle of the headliner around the T-Tops. No where a heatgun would ever be, but melted. The owner looked like a hairspray king himself. :dmc

Sooo, that would be the question and research needed, "Does Hairspary mixed with weather heat cause melting headliners???? :dmc

Anyone else expereince this. Just hope it doesn't happen with my business. :dmc

Guest CSCustoms

I never used the heatgun at all on the truck. Maybe it was the heatgun fairy. You know the little fairy that comes and melts sh@t if you don't use the heatgun!!!

Guest tintgod
I never used the heatgun at all on the truck. Maybe it was the heatgun fairy. You know the little fairy that comes and melts sh@t if you don't use the heatgun!!!

dont listen to that 1peecasshat..and no..I dont think hairstray will burn a headliner..the best thing to do in the future..is look over the car before working on it..and note any think that the customer may blame on you..and notify them of anything that you find before working on it.

Guest olletsoc
dont listen to that 1peecasshat..and no..I dont think hairstray will burn a headliner..the best thing to do in the future..is look over the car before working on it..and note any think that the customer may blame on you..and notify them of anything that you find before working on it.

:thumb what he said. always show customers damage BEFORE working on the car. if the customer has already left, snap a pic. pics will be time and date stamped

Guest scottstinting

Ive got a good headliner story though .A few years ago I worked at a big national chain of accessories place installing sunroofs when my manager ask how I was coming on this sunroof job .I said I was waiting on the headliner to dry from spraying alcohol to peel it back so I could wrap it .Well he couldnt wait and grabbed a heatgun and whoosh it flashed and burnt the crap out of it .What an idiot LOL

Archived