Global Window Films

Guest scottstinting

Guest zolar
mountain, ya mean to tell me you use auto-tint 35% on residential dual-panes, and it works ok? RSVP, TR

from a near-famous tint site :lol

Architectural Window Films - Crystal

Crystal is a sophisticated multi-laminate film that delivers high heat rejection and low reflectivity while still providing maximum light transmission - all with a beautiful neutral appearance. Crystal's unique manufacturing technology produces these stunning films in 20, 35 and 50 percent visible light transmission options. They are designed to meet the most demanding residential applications where performance, appearance and low reflectivity are major concerns. In fact, Crystal films have lower reflectivity than clear glass and provide an appearance that looks more like tinted glass than glass that has been tinted.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texasrocker

Was wondering if you can "copy & paste" a "Aimcal" Spec sheet on "Crystal" 50,35, & 20? Just wondering, so I can "compare" against other thermal-safe applications? If you could post those here from "Aimcal" Labs, I would be most appreciative!! Much Thanks!! TR

Guest zolar

I would if I could find 'em on the aimcal site

I would like to have independant test data for all the films I sell :lol

I have some QDP to try ......a board member left me a few weeks ago

I haven't bought any global yet, but Jack is a top notch rep !!!!

Guest Texasrocker

Thanks for All your help!! Will be looking into this!!! Appreciate you bringing the specs on the film!! I copied them for reference!! TR

lets not make this a bashing of a film company.

if you dont belive what us users are saying (giving positive feedback) then dont bash something you havent even tried. we've used very reputable film companies who have been around and they're films have failed sooner than expected and refuse to perform warranty work or refund for warranty claims. then we got this company with great prices and great film. its a dream come true!

what else do you want?

for all of us who consider ourselves professionals...believe me, if you know what good film looks like, feels like and works like. then you'll like global. trust me. looks great, dries quick! you'l like it :lol

Guest Texasrocker

I believe you guys, and dont take your expertise or product lines for granted on any products! I like to see the film spec (#'s), and who rated them from the manufacturers, thats all. For example, I you take a crew of prof installers out to install 1000 sq ft flatglass film in a Sports Arena, 40-50 ft in the air off manlifts, (I have done this before), product "specs" do become important, just as the factory warranties, and any future problems do!! I stick with the product lines that have been around more that the past 10 yrs, that has a proven-record of warranty backup, if products fail. 5 Yrs product trial is good!! But when were up that "high" installing film, it has to be a proven-product with true factory support. The brands I use have been around many,many years, ( not budget buys), so you can see where I may be careful with the others. Possible film failure up at those heights, is not a "option".TR

Guest darkdan

I asked about the absorption numbers once and got a really big explaination and got lost. LOL.

To me, the QDP does feel a bit like rubber, but it's never been an issue. I'm the crease master and have no problem working with this 1.2 mil window film.

Guest tintguy7

tried global for awhile, until it they started to come back. not only it turned purple, it also faded quite abit. they said the film is an extruded film and its not going to turn purple, but from the re dos, I dont believe them and their products. this is only my opinion thru experience! I'm not bashing anyone! :hmmm

Archived