Help with 8 mil

Guest efranco

Guest efranco

sounds good I'll try thoughs suggestions. 3 weeks ago I installed the 21 mil and man was that a b*tch to cut to size. the whole job was 450 square feet, I went back to see how the film cured 2 days after I finished the living room and it was full of tint bubbles but they were all over the film I mean by the thousands. I flipped out I thought that I'd have to replace that film but I gave it 4 days and I went back and they all disappeared. I was amazed. That installation was crazy all my fingers were cut and bleeding. for the higher gauge films you have to drown the film with water and then wet the window. After that make sure it is already cut to size and place it on the window and squeege it as hard as you can and do it very SLOW with a 4" or 6" squeege. If not you will hydroplane and do over lap strokes which will leave streaks. then after you squeeged it once wet it again and squeege it one more time and you wont have any problems. I installed it like I wrote above squeeging it twice as hard as I could for the bedrooms and I had no problems :-)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

thats what it takes. Unless I am overlapping the film to the frame for a mechanical attachment system then I precut the windows. I know alot of you think it might be gay but the windows come out alot cleaner and dont get those dryish spots on the sides that you cut when installing the film.

Archived