Chipped Window edge

Guest whatjones

Guest olletsoc

year make and model? it doesn't make much difference though. there really isn't anything an olfa blade can do to damage tope edge of the glass

Guest ninjatinter
year make and model? it doesn't make much difference though. there really isn't anything an olfa blade can do to damage tope edge of the glass

A file, perhaps. But a knife blade, I highly doubt. Does your tint go to the very top edge? Also It may have been there before and you hadn't noticed it until tinting. I use a knife on top edges all day long and have done so for 16 years, never ever chipped a window, even during my "shop boy" days. :lol

Guest whatjones

My car is a 2006 Acura TL. I didnt think a razor can do that either and I know for sure it was there before the car was tinted. What object did this?

Guest olletsoc

I would have to guess it was like that to start with and you just never noticed. any shop that is going to take the time to file would fess up to doing it

Guest whatjones

:hmmm your type-o answered your own question. :hmmm ( I'm assuming it was a type-o ) if not then why ask :bat

Yea that is a type-o. lol

I meant I knew it wasnt there before the car got tinted.

To me the windows dont look like it was filed.

But since you guys say that it might have been there before it was tinted, what do you think it was caused by? My car is 5 months old and I never did anything to the window before

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

to me , it looks like it was possibly from a metal file. I dunno. they look fairly minor, am I right? How much does it really bother you? maybe sanding it with a D/A sander just right can smooth it out a bit?

Archived