First time using V-Kool....

Guest SolarShopFilm

Guest SolarShopFilm

So I got my first roll of V-kool and will be installing it tommorow, but as I opened the box, I noticed its not a regular ps adhesive. So I guess my question is how do I go about installing it? :hmmm

and yes I know im a noob...

Guest vclimber

What no installation instructions? :hmmm

You need the right tools, spray clean scrape, spray rinse towel, spray rinse w/ Film-on towel (twice for good measure, da film is expensive!), apply film and cut, hard squegee passes until there is no more water, card n towel dry the edges, seal if in moist climate...

Guest tintcraftersca
So I got my first roll of V-kool and will be installing it tommorow, but as I opened the box, I noticed its not a regular ps adhesive. So I guess my question is how do I go about installing it? :hmmm

As a NOOB how did you manage to get your v-kool, I have looked at thier website and they dont make simple or anything. I feel like I'm trying to get the stuff black market ...

Guest SolarShopFilm
What no installation instructions? :DD

You need the right tools, spray clean scrape, spray rinse towel, spray rinse w/ Film-on towel (twice for good measure, da film is expensive!), apply film and cut, hard squegee passes until there is no more water, card n towel dry the edges, seal if in moist climate...

So I got my first roll of V-kool and will be installing it tommorow, but as I opened the box, I noticed its not a regular ps adhesive. So I guess my question is how do I go about installing it? :DD

As a NOOB how did you manage to get your v-kool, I have looked at thier website and they dont make simple or anything. I feel like I'm trying to get the stuff black market ...

tintcraftersca- http://www.v-kool-usa.com/contactus.html heres a link to the "contct us" on the homepage of the v-kool usa page.

vclimber- could you elaborate on this "spray rinse towel, spray rinse w/ Film-on towel (twice for good measure, da film is expensive!)" Ive been using ps adhesive films since I started, and dont understand the process of installing this type of film. and yes I know the film is really really really expensive, and this is what the customer wants, and I will deliver come hell or high water.

Im sorry I asked a question.

Guest vclimber
vclimber- could you elaborate on this "spray rinse towel, spray rinse w/ Film-on towel (twice for good measure, da film is expensive!)" Ive been using ps adhesive films since I started, and dont understand the process of installing this type of film. and yes I know the film is really really really expensive, and this is what the customer wants, and I will deliver come hell or high water.

Im sorry I asked a question.

No problem. Basically I use a mild citrus based cleaner (Like X-100) that is slightly high in PH to clean the glass. My 1st rinse after razoring the glass is with this same cleaner, then I towel all the edges. My second rinse is with Film-on to rid the glass of the remaining high PH cleaner. Then I towel the edges again. Now it is time to apply film and I use Film-on for this step with Distilled water. (Very important if you are in an area with high mineral content in the municipal water.) The critical steps come next. You cannot leave any water under the film, it will not evaporate out through the film because the vapor barrier is designed to not let moisture transmit through so as to protect the silver from corroding. So you have to make a minimum of 4 passes, you'd be surprised how much water still comes out on the 4th pass. Then hard card with a towel and clean water marks off of the film.

Just to clarify... This is not V-kool's installation instructions. I hav never seen any from them so I do not know what they would recommend. Your rep should know so you may want to ask him or her. I use the same process that one would use to install Vista Spectra Select, the CDF version of this type of film. From my experience this method wors for PS AG films. :DD

Archived