First time using V-Kool....

Guest SolarShopFilm

Guest SolarShopFilm

Thank you very much vclimber, I got ahold of my v-kool rep and got everything straightened out. this isnt as complicated as I had thought it was.

It is not complicated to install these or any other film.

The method of installing is slightly different.

Being a silver based film, I would be cautious of using X-100 because it is acidic.

Silver corrodes not matter how far away you are from salt water. VK does have a fair amount of silver and needs to be sealed.

In my area, humidity is low and there has been experiences of corrosion of silver based films. If you are close to lakes, salt water, high humidity, problems will arise with corroded edges.

Guest 01CLS
What do you use to seal windows?

There should be a small container of sealer in the box with the film. Just brush around the edges after the install is done and dry. The ps is a normal.

When I used to install V-Cool I would squeegee it with a bluemax one time, then dry the edges with my spatula wraped with a towel. Use alot of pressure and squeeg really slow to get max water out if you don't you will be redoing the job. I used to install in Palm Springs with my brother in-law and we never had a problem with corrosion. But on the coast is a different story.

Archived