Am I Being Too Picky?

Guest catlover

Guest catlover

I had my '06 Honda Civic Coupe tinted five days ago. Am I being unreasonable to be unhappy when part of the matrix is black and part of it is white? There is no consistency at all. There are two small bubbles at the top of the bottom matrix and what appears to be a cut in the tint about 3/4" long in the middle of the window. Also, there are several little specs on the side windows which I assume is dust or something. They can be seen from the outside but are very small. Am I just being too picky? I was told by them, of course, that they are experienced and do a professional job and I would be very happy. They did come highly recommended. I'm not impressed. I paid $160 for it. Am I being one of those nitpicky customers considering all of this? I only mentioned part of this when I called them, but want to know which of these items I should really make an issue when I take it back for them to look at it. Thanks for any feedback!

Gluing or vinyling the top of the window solves the inconsistent look through the matrix ,the cut your referring too sounds like a relief cut in the window , the specs sounds like it might be dirt or air bubbles seeing as it was done 5 days ago. All speculation on my part seeing as I/we personally cannot inspect your job. Your best bet is to take it back with your concerns and if they are a reputable shop..they should take care of you to satisfy your needs :hmmm

Guest whatjones

I got a question..... I still have tiny water bubbles in my tints and its been a month. Should I retint it or give it more time? I have 3M CS 35% on

Guest darkdan

Chances are those aren't water bubbles. 3M CS is a very quick drying film. Those would be tiny specks of dirt.

When in doubt, ask the person that tinted it.

Tinters that really care, treat the dot matrix to make sure it looks good. Other tinters either don't care or don't know of ways to make it look good. To each their own. Consult the tinter.

Guest darkdan

Well, "a lot" isn't objective or definitive.

It'd be up to them ulitmately.

I've had it happen before. They call up and tell me about it. I tell them to bring it in to look at it. Then say to myself, "OMFG! How'd that leave here looking like that? Am I blind?" Then I fix it.

Of course, I've had it go the other way before. Where it was a completely acceptable amount and they want it redone. If it's borderline, I redo it.

Archived