Experimenting

I set up an ability to have a robot user post news stories from news sites that offer RSS feeds.

The robot's username is "ROBOTINTS3000" and is not spamming, but posting news stories that have to do with tinting.

This is what it says in the sig for News Feed:

This is an automatically generated news feed post for TintDude.com

The user "News Feed" is a robot created by this forum to post news stories about window film or window tinting via RSS feeds from various news sites that offer RSS feeds.

TintDude.com in not responsible for the content of any site's links that may appear above.

This post was created by a Robot, if you feel it contains objectionable material, please use the "Report" button to notify a moderator, and it will be reviewed as soon as possible.

It's just an experiment and can be adjusted here and there. Right now I have it set to deliver news about tint to the General discussion forum, and other types of news to the Foo Bar.

You are welcome to post comments in the thread that the Robot will create.

It is programmed to check for new stories every 30 minutes and will post them as it finds them. When they are posted, they may not be at the top if the list of new posts because the post date will be the date of the article, so you may have to scroll down to find them.

I hope we enjoy it, but if we don't we call always send "ROBOTINTS3000" to the scrap yard. :shock

Guest zolar
I set up an ability to have a robot user post news stories from news sites that offer RSS feeds.

The robot's username is "News Feed" and is not spamming, but posting news stories that have to do with tinting.

This is what it says in the sig for News Feed:

This is an automatically generated news feed post for TintDude.com

The user "News Feed" is a robot created by this forum to post news stories about window film or window tinting via RSS feeds from various news sites that offer RSS feeds.

TintDude.com in not responsible for the content of any site's links that may appear above.

This post was created by a Robot, if you feel it contains objectionable material, please use the "Report" button to notify a moderator, and it will be reviewed as soon as possible.

It's just an experiment and can be adjusted here and there. Right now I have it set to deliver news about tint to the General discussion forum, and other types of news to the Foo Bar.

You are welcome to post comments in the thread that the Robot will create.

It is programmed to check for new stories every 30 minutes and will post them as it finds them. When they are posted, they may not be at the top if the list of new posts because the post date will be the date of the article, so you may have to scroll down to find them.

I hope we enjoy it, but if we don't we call always send "News Feed" to the scrap yard. :thumb

can I use the firefox rss tabs to dropdown the tint news too :shock

Guest autotinter
Well, killed the sports, music and news bots, since the tint news bot doesn't post very often, I'll leave that one on for a while. :lol6

:lol6:hmmm

Archived