This was a pain in my arse!

was tinting an 07 jetta this weekend and didnt realize the doors had the "pinch protection" sensor on them .... had all the roll ups cut out and shrunk, installed the fronts, started on the passenger rear and while putting slight pressure on the top of the glass while rolling it up to finish the bottom, the window rolled back down on its own and took the tint down under with it ..... replaced it and got it on the second try ..... THEN ..... got to the drivers side and I ended up redoing it 7, yes SEVEN times before I got it. ended up having to ask the customer what the heck the deal was and we figured out I was putting to much pressure on it when rolling it up. SOOOO, advice for others who havent tinted one yet, DONT push out on the window while rolling it up ... let it go on its own or you might have to replace something after you break something out of frustration ..... :shock

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol I tint jettas every day. I have one out of about 10 pull that crap on me :? I am not doing anything out of the ordinary and wham it rolls down automatically :shock all you can do is watch your tint crumble adn roll dow into the door panel :thumb I can help but laugh when it happens :?

:lol I tint jettas every day. I have one out of about 10 pull that crap on me :? I am not doing anything out of the ordinary and wham it rolls down automatically :shock all you can do is watch your tint crumble adn roll dow into the door panel :thumb I can help but laugh when it happens :?

yea, there was like 2 times outta the 7 that I actaully didnt even push on the tint and when I was just screwing around with the windows after it did it a couple times that it just went to the top and back down on its own .... kinda weird.

and I always put pressure on the glass when rolling them up so the film doesnt catch on the seals and I dont even put THAT much pressure on them .... I think theyre just really sensitive .... imo .... what do I know, im just a stupid window tinter ......... :?

Guest CSCustoms

Quick tip from me, take the little extra time on these types of cars and heat the top corners before rolling up. I do this a lot to prevent any lifting from tight seals. Works great with no hassels and only takes a few minutes.

Archived