This was a pain in my arse!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take the keys out...it happens when the keys sit in the ignition.

Thats what I was thining? With the ignition off the window would not roll up/down and you could set the pappa with a little heat,card it, and turn on the juice roll up and tint the bottom. Also before you turn on the ignition push the glass out a little and spray some slip solution to help it not pinch when you roll the window up. :shock

Guest Sprinter
Seven times????? I bet your blood pressure went thru the roof! :shock:shock

it would of been beter to just roll up the glass and then punch it and get your frustration all out right then and there, pay for the new glass and just before the glass guy installs it, tint it, :nono

I'm not sure why the pressure to push the glass out either everyone thinks they have to finish the window that they start tinting before they can move on to the rest of them, let it hang and dry and work on the rear windows then come back and finish the front one there is'nt any cold places in the US right now its all hot.

Take the keys out...it happens when the keys sit in the ignition.

Thats what I was thining? With the ignition off the window would not roll up/down and you could set the pappa with a little heat,card it, and turn on the juice roll up and tint the bottom. Also before you turn on the ignition push the glass out a little and spray some slip solution to help it not pinch when you roll the window up. :dunno

to much of a pain, imo, to turn the key off, tint the top half, run back around, turn the key on, roll up ... :hmmm

OMG. I had top do a passat today, like a 2001. And the driver rear window did that $hit. I didnt even touch the glass, it must be the actual window track siezing up and making it roll back down. So after it sucked my first try down intot he door, I just rolled it up and down like 50 times and make sure it was up past the tight spot so it wouldnt happen again. I feel the pain. Thats the first time I've had that happen in probably 30 VW's I've done recently. So look out ont he older ones too where the windows arent so smooth!!!

Archived