Any one use Solar Guard

Guest JMass

Guest JMass

Hey I was wondering if anyone uses solar guard, if so what kind they use, I was lookin at the HP smoke series but wasnt sure how good this is... not sure on warranty and fadeing. Please help :beer

Check with the post goodbye to the sun :beer

OOOOPS you said solar sorry

Ive just inspected a job that was installed yesterday in Quantum 37 (smash repair job) and now I know why I don't install it regularly.

Absolutely no sign of drying and it's been 24 hours. Sputtering is good no doubt but not customer or tinter friendly IMO. :smoker

Devil

I have been using Solar Gard in my shop for over 3 years now.

I use the HP Charcoal series, and the films are excellent. They shrink well, dont crease to easy and look great. I havent had one come back in 3 years because of peeling or fading or anything for that matter.

I wouldnt change from using Solar Gard, but thats because im used to it, and every tinter will tell you that, the films you are used to are the best.

I use SG true grey primarily. Love this film, its thick enough to make it harder for me to crease while in a hurry. No color change problems yet. I have been trying the new supreme line, and im not sold on it yet, it seems to be too thin to me, easy to crease, but the hp line is suppose to be coming. Quantum films, you had better listen to devil, and get you some pain killers, because you have to hard card that stuff to death, and it still doesn't want to dry.

Quantum films, you had better listen to devil, and get you some pain killers, because you have to hard card that stuff to death, and it still doesn't want to dry.

You bet BM.

That car I referred to was originally done in 2000 and not a sign of a colour change or film fault.

It's part of Bekaert's "Diamond Tint" program. Do you have that in the states?

HP has had a few material fault problems experienced downunder where Quantum hasn't.

Devil

Guest CSCustoms

I have tried all kinds of tint and for me, SG works great. The HP Charcoal is what I use also. It only has a 5 year warranty, but lasts with no problem which allows me to advertise lifetime warranty. A lot of people get Sun Guard mistakened for Solar and they are way different.

Guest tintdawg

I dislike solargard. One of the shops I contract out of uses 'HP'. It doesn't seem too match well to eachother. The 'TG' I liked, but they are discontinuing it. Every time we ask the rep for something, we never get a good answer, hell I don't even know who are rep is anymore. Myself, I like 'MMM FX', 'LuLu Llumastar' and even 'Johnny Silhouette' better.

Can some list the differant lines of solargard, in quality. 'Lowest' to 'best'.

Archived