POPPED a backglass

Guest tintjob@yahoo

Just another reminder that as tinters we should check all of the windows prior to installing, ( as well as the rest of the the vehicle) we have to protect ourselves...... pre-installation inspection should be common-place.... :nono

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just another reminder that as tinters we should check all of the windows prior to installing, ( as well as the rest of the the vehicle) we have to protect ourselves...... pre-installation inspection should be common-place.... :skit

:lol2

:heh

breaker breaker, Bandit,you got your ears on? Come back.

That's a 10-4 good buddy :heh

that kind of T/A is one I wouldn't want to do with any kind of film no matter how old the car is.

Yep and the funny thing is that I did it without shrinking!!! I was only 17 at the time and don't really remember how the hell I did it but I know I worked on it for a long time. Of course when you are just in school, banging girls and working on your car you have plenty of time to blow :lol2

that kind of T/A is one I wouldn't want to do with any kind of film no matter how old the car is.

Thanks! That was my first TA that I repainted too. Here's some pics of that. Funny thing is that it wasn't much muscle because it only had a 301 V8 in it that barely could get out of it's own way. I bought a 400 for it but never put it in.

transam5.jpg

transam3.jpg

transam1.png

This was my baby but I had to sell it when I lost my job 6 years ago. It was an all original '76 (even paint) with only 19k miles on it :skit

ta.jpg

ta3.jpg

Guest tintjob@yahoo

Just another reminder that as tinters we should check all of the windows prior to installing, ( as well as the rest of the the vehicle) we have to protect ourselves...... pre-installation inspection should be common-place.... :heh

:lol2

:skit

my qdvice pales in comparison to the pics of the TA

Guest Texasrocker

... 1peec mentioned a 70's chev PU vent popping. Had the same thing happen to me many yrs ago in a Austin high-vol shop. Upon close inspect, the glass had a "chip" right on the outside edge and I was only applying "drying heat" before vent could be closed against the old vent rubber seal. In my many years of tinting, there is one thing that I know. It has to be a "defect" right on the edge of tempered glass to break under heat stress from a heat-gun, sun , or otherwise. Surely, you guys have heard stories of people just driving down the road , no tint at all, and their glass exploded and scared them? I have! Reason, the glass was damaged on the edge (hidden-defect) when glass was installed at the auto-factory! Even flat-glass installers handle the glass "rough" when installing! So, if the defect is hidden behind the rubber, etc, tinters cant see it! We dont have "crystal-balls", however, some of us have tinted them before in one-pc? :lol2 ! TR

Archived