Tint Film VS Tint Spray

Guest mattcuda71

Guest JMass

To start I do not do window tinting but am looking for the right solution.

HEy I take my motors to the dollar general, got a problem :lol2 , jk :spit

I am working on a 71 Plymouth Cuda. I currently have all the glass out of it as I rebuild and need the glass tinted. I am sceptical of film as it is not permenant and usually has a tendency to show imperfections over time. I recently spoke with someone who mentioned spray on tint. I had never heard of it but it seemed logical. Could someone give me some advice on the pros and cons of the process and maybe even go as far as to offer a service recommendation of where to send the glass to have it done? Thank you in advance.

Matt

Would you send you engine to be rebuilt at Kmart?????

If you would then go with the spray on. :thumb

If you want it done right and to look professional, use film quality film.

And to the guy that suggested spraying it on in the first place, you should give him one of these..... :spit

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My father in-law might have his old flow-on machine. :spit

Flow-on was the only way in the 60's until polyester films came out. Flow-on doesn't hold up half as good as polyester film.

Thats old school fo shizzle! :thumb:spit

haha spray tint I would only use that for smaller thing like tinting your sidemarkers never windows!!!! its a good product for smalled things I just recently used it on my side markers looks nice just dont put too much on otherwise you wont see any light through. but all in all good for small stuff but never windows film all the way with the windows....

Archived