Tint Film VS Tint Spray

Guest mattcuda71

Guest visionwindowfilms
To start I do not do window tinting but am looking for the right solution.

I am working on a 71 Plymouth Cuda. I currently have all the glass out of it as I rebuild and need the glass tinted. I am sceptical of film as it is not permenant and usually has a tendency to show imperfections over time. I recently spoke with someone who mentioned spray on tint. I had never heard of it but it seemed logical. Could someone give me some advice on the pros and cons of the process and maybe even go as far as to offer a service recommendation of where to send the glass to have it done? Thank you in advance.

Matt

If you get a good quality film it shouldn't show any imperfections, some films come with lifetime warranties. Go for film but make sure you go to a reputable dealer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno

I am working on a 71 Plymouth Cuda. I currently have all the glass out of it as I rebuild and need the glass tinted. I am sceptical of film as it is not permenant and usually has a tendency to show imperfections over time. I recently spoke with someone who mentioned spray on tint. I had never heard of it but it seemed logical. Could someone give me some advice on the pros and cons of the process and maybe even go as far as to offer a service recommendation of where to send the glass to have it done? Thank you in advance.

Matt

If you get a good quality film it shouldn't show any imperfections, some films come with lifetime warranties. Go for film but make sure you go to a reputable dealer

any film will show imperfections, regardless of the brand/type. The cleanest window is the one with the least contamination in it

Guest visionwindowfilms

Matt

any film will show imperfections, regardless of the brand/type. The cleanest window is the one with the least contamination in it

Thats not imperfections, thats dirt, when someone talks about imperfections on the film I assume he means the film itself, if you meant dirt then ignore my last post

Guest scottydosnntkno

Matt

Thats not imperfections, thats dirt, when someone talks about imperfections on the film I assume he means the film itself, if you meant dirt then ignore my last post

ahhh I see rereading yours and his post again. I originally took his to mean imperfections as in bubbling, fading, etc. I assume most films don't just show dirt all of a sudden 6 years down the road :beer

Archived