Is this a bad tint job?

Guest greenarrow

Guest greenarrow

Got my tint work done at --- in Sherman Oaks. This is the first time I've used their service. I got the tint done on Saturday 7/22/06, I saw these bubbles but I was hoping they would disappear as the tint cured. There are also several smaller bubbles on the front (left and right) side windows (but it's harder to take pictures of those). Why are these bubbles showing up on the rear window? Are these examples of a bad tint job?

198278367_f286553be9.jpg

198278365_0916434e8d.jpg

Guest greenarrow
:shock:shock NOT GOOD

Will they re-do the entire tint or just keep smoothing it out. At this point, the shop keeps telling me to "give it another day or two out in the sun". It's been 3-digit temperatures here in L.A. since Saturday and the car is always parked outside. So what's the best way for the shop to fix it?

Guest vclimber

:nono:shock NOT GOOD

Will they re-do the entire tint or just keep smoothing it out. At this point, the shop keeps telling me to "give it another day or two out in the sun". It's been 3-digit temperatures here in L.A. since Saturday and the car is always parked outside. So what's the best way for the shop to fix it?

Sun is not going to make that any better. Take it back and give the shop a chance to make it right. :shock

It's between you and the shop, dude. Nothing anybody in here can do. Like someone said, if you were a price shopper going for the lowest price, you got what you deserved if that was the case. Besides, nobody knows the condition of your car (might be trashed) among other things. Pics can be decieving also, I've seen good jobs look like shiot in pics. And no pasting of prices and shop names either. :shock

Guest VOLTRON

the second picture where the smear is will not dry out, it is possible the first might but unlikely. There seems to be a bit more dirt then I would be ok with but a picture is hard to tell. Like many have said if you went with the lowest price then that is part of the price your more then likely not going to get a 200.00 install for the price of 99.00 but that is assuming that you went the cheap route. If you went to a reputable shop and did not just go with the cheapest then take it back and show them and let them try to make it right or just see what they say. I am sure they are telling you to give it a few more days to dry over the phone cause if they had seen the smear then they would know better. It might lighten up a little but will not dry out.

Guest greenarrow
... If you went to a reputable shop and did not just go with the cheapest then take it back and show them and let them try to make it right or just see what they say. I am sure they are telling you to give it a few more days to dry over the phone cause if they had seen the smear then they would know better. It might lighten up a little but will not dry out.

This was supposedly a reputable shop. I even asked questions about their tint brand and also saw their finished work on the cars. I spoke to the owner who said he's been doing this for over 20 yrs and does all the car at the dealers in the area (in/around Sherman Oaks). The tint price was not cheap. Price was ** above average** for Los Angeles. My car is a brand new 2006 VW Jetta (purchased in June). The tints are LLumar ATR 35% with lifetime warranty. Before the install, they looked over the car to "check the condition". If ever this shop did good work, then at this time, they no longer do decent work.

Archived