??? Spray on Paint Protection ???

Guest TS Bounty

Guest TS Bounty

I am inquiring about a product I have heard about. It is either called Armor Coat or Armor Guard, it is supposably sprayed on and acts just as 3M would act Protecting the paint against stone chips and the such. I have questions in my mind though. How well does it work , if I get chips do I have to remove the entire product or just the area of the chip? How thick is it? How is it maintained? What happens if it gets chipped. I have owned an RV for 4 yrs with 3M on it and love what that product has accomplished. Is this the next best option. Would like to hear response from the people in the business, So that is why I am posting in this forum. Thank you in advance Sincerely Mr. Bounty..

Guest Tint'n Todd

I use Armor Auto for 40 mil. headlight protection film for headlights and they have been great but what I have inquired about is Armor Coat and I will say just stand by and wait for more feedback. It will cost you more than PPF film such as 3M and it is a one time deal so if it doesn't come out perfect on the first shot then you need to redo it (body work and paint over) rather than removing film. Don't get me wrong and I think it is a great idea but it needs more time and is more expensive than PPF/Clear Bras.

Guest Premier Protect
I use Armor Auto for 40 mil. headlight protection film for headlights and they have been great but what I have inquired about is Armor Coat and I will say just stand by and wait for more feedback. It will cost you more than PPF film such as 3M and it is a one time deal so if it doesn't come out perfect on the first shot then you need to redo it (body work and paint over) rather than removing film. Don't get me wrong and I think it is a great idea but it needs more time and is more expensive than PPF/Clear Bras.

It's a permanent application.....ok w/ cars value isn't too high.......do not expect this to fly w/ high-end autos.

Archived