Burn on the side-mirror base

Guest Extractor

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Extractor
1500$. Thats BULLSHIZZ. No frickin way a mirror costs that much.I think you are trying to hose someone. :beer

I know it sounds ridiculously expensive, but that's the quote from a BMW dealer. They are powerfolding mirrors and costs about $450 each. The rest is labour charge. I am not trying to hose anyone. I am just an upset customer who went in for a tint job and came out with burnt mirror bases.

Guest TintPoser
That's alot of money for a mirror.... :gay Also I'm pretty sure you can purchase just the base which got damaged. :beer

why do you think there are guys running around town ripping off mirrors on mercedes and bmw's ????

I'll put it on for 50 bucks. Let me get my pry bar and super glue and I'll be right back.........................................

:beer

I wouldn't pay that much for the entire car, let alone a piece of plastic.

Funny how the so called "nice cars" are the ones that fall all to hell and costs assinine amounts of money to fix, and the 800 dollar honda civics run forever.

Guest Extractor
That's alot of money for a mirror.... :gay Also I'm pretty sure you can purchase just the base which got damaged. :lol

I'm getting too much flame for this as if this was my fault. :beer

All I did was drive up to a BMW service department on my way to work and asked for an estimate for the TWO DAMAGED MIRROR BASES. I am sure the service advisor ordered whatever part is necessary to complete the job.

Fortunately, the tint shop's insurance is taking care of this. I am just a frustrated customer with a damaged car after a tint job. :lol All I want is my car back to the original condition before the unfortunate event took place.

I didn't want anyone's business to get a bad reputation nor anyone's job to be lost. That's why I've kept the name of the business out of this thread in the first place. I am not even telling you where I live for that matter.

Guest Extractor

Forgot to mention that the damage was done to both side view mirrors. Here is what the driver's side looks like. I guess I confused a lot of people. I'm sorry.

Forgot to mention that the damage was done to both side view mirrors. Here is what the driver's side looks like. I guess I confused a lot of people. I'm sorry.

Right side damage. Not as severe, but it is very noticeable.

post-18202-1154061257.jpg

Archived