my first flat glass job

Guest johnny1

Charge what you think they will pay. :coffee

It still bugs me when I give someone a price and I no sooner finish and they say ok. Doh! I'm like crap.. I need to up my prices.

Every year I've been increasing my prices... I think next year will probably be the biggest jump just cause gas is killing me. :( And people still tell me that I'm lower then other bids they've gotten.

But also keep in mind - this is a referral (sp?) business and if you play around with your prices too much it could bite you in the butt. I set a price each spring and that's my price for everyone. The last thing I need is someone telling their friend the price they got and then giving them a higher price. Had that happen way too often with the last company I worked with and ended up being a headache for me - and I was only the installer. lol

That being said, skylights are different... at least IMO and I have a set price that isn't based on sq/ft... it's just the prices I charge for skylights.

RoAcH

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

:uh:uh:uh

:bat :bat speechless

Everyone starts kind of green and does their 1st job sooner or later. You clowns didn't have any questions on yours? :uh

:uh

Suuure you didn't... :bat

Guest tintgod

:uh:bat:uh

:uh:bat speechless

Everyone starts kind of green and does their 1st job sooner or later. You clowns didn't have any questions on yours? :uh

:bat

Suuure you didn't... :uh

no offense to the original poster..but ..he is obviously hasnt been in the business very long or if at all..or he would know the question that he has asked..

I knew the biz well enough before I started installing residential or commecial film.

:uh

Guest vclimber

no offense to the original poster..but ..he is obviously hasnt been in the business very long or if at all..or he would know the question that he has asked..

I knew the biz well enough before I started installing residential or commecial film.

Isn't that what this forum is for, to ask for and get help? Not get ripped for not knowing. :uh

Guest tintgod

Isn't that what this forum is for, to ask for and get help? Not get ripped for not knowing. :uh

did you see me..or anyone else rip this guy..I sure as hell didnt...

there goes one more on my ignore list :uh:bat

Guest nautiboi73

do you even konw where you are getting your film from?

you supplier will give you some idea for the "going rate" in you area. though that would be a professinal rate and you are still a noob to Res tinting.

Guest vclimber

Suuure you didn't... :lol

:gay

Isn't that what this forum is for, to ask for and get help? Not get ripped for not knowing. :hmmm

there goes one more on my ignore list :lol:beer

Yeah you and PM made him feel right at home... :beer didn't do a thing.

Oh well, I made the TG ignore list my loss. :lol

Guest johnny1

Suuure you didn't... :lol

:gay

Isn't that what this forum is for, to ask for and get help? Not get ripped for not knowing. :hmmm

there goes one more on my ignore list :lol:beer

Yeah you and PM made him feel right at home... :beer didn't do a thing.

Oh well, I made the TG ignore list my loss. :lol

I am still around.I have a full time job and I work shift work that lets me do stuff on the side.I started detailing boats 5 years ago and made good money and wanted to get into some thing else.I took a 4 day class with lumar for auto and did accouple of cars and trucks and my chapperral boat plus my house.

This job came up and wanted to give it a shot.the windows are double pain not factory tint.48'' x 64''

looks straight forward I'll have to get someone to help me.just need some advice were to get started.WANT TO DO A GOOD JOB.I will get the tint from lumar.

Archived