What to have in a booth at a show??

I'm going to do at least one home show this spring... hopefully 2. and I was wondering what I should have as far as displays and whatnot.

The normal displays of residential films... but what else??

Are the heat box things good to have??

What film companies have designer films??

I'm going to get a window or two of Lumisty... I'm actually in the process of getting that now for something I'm doing in two weeks... but I'm not sure what all I should get for a show.

Any ideas??

Thanks!!

RoAcH

I quit using the film manufacturer's displays years ago. I decided to quit promoting film brands and start promoting myself. My display I found on ebay and I had the graphics made for me. I tweek it every year

What do you want to promote? Heat rejection, fade, security, etc?

Here it is heat and fade.

I display very little film literature, mostly brochures I made.

I agree.. I'd rather not promote any one film.... I just don't know how to do the booth. The only booth I've seen was when I worked at a shop - but they used the Vista displays. Also had heat boxes, and I think that's about it. Table and chairs...

I've got plenty of time to come up with something... I don't want anything crazy - but something that will catch people's attention.

RoAcH

Guest Technotint

Are you doing vehicles too. I use windows that I got from the junkyard and I tinted them in the different shades. They already have holes in them from the window regulator. I use those to mount the glass to a wall or rack. They work great.

No.. I only do flat... Never got into cars when I was working for someone, and now that I'm on my own I don't really have anyone to teach me cars.

I thought about bring in a home, but it would be way too bulky. :bingo:lol2:beer

if you want to make your own display, you can get real creative with pvc pipes and different elbows, even making a stick house and hang windows in it to show off different shades.

if your talking about a heat lamp in a box, and tinted glass you can hold in front to show customers what tint can do. then yes you need a heat box.

also a sugestion that can help is take construction paper, (best is red) and cut it in post card sizes and staple on half of it a sample of tint and your biz card,

let the customer take it home and put it in the window for 1 week and they can see how much tint can help "reduce the effects of fading"

Archived