Passing Inspection

Guest Tintin' Magician

Guest Tintin' Magician

Hey, does anyone out there know if 8mil will pass inspection in lieu of saftey glass in Broward county. Does the film really bring the glass up to code? :gay Any help on this would be appreciated as I have heard alot but I don't know what's true and what's not! Thanks :beer

Guest Key West
Hey, does anyone out there know if 8mil will pass inspection in lieu of saftey glass in Broward county. Does the film really bring the glass up to code? :lol Any help on this would be appreciated as I have heard alot but I don't know what's true and what's not! Thanks :DD

Mike,

From what I can piece out, NO, it won't if you are trying to bring it up to code. On all new construction, the Miami-Dade protocol requires laminated glass. However, on a retro-fit, yes, 8 mil is approved by the Fla building Code, but it reccomends Dow-Corning 995. (The only adhesive approved by the Fla Bldg Code) :DD

Hey, does anyone out there know if 8mil will pass inspection in lieu of saftey glass in Broward county. Does the film really bring the glass up to code? :thumb Any help on this would be appreciated as I have heard alot but I don't know what's true and what's not! Thanks :thumb

Mike,

From what I can piece out, NO, it won't if you are trying to bring it up to code. On all new construction, the Miami-Dade protocol requires laminated glass. However, on a retro-fit, yes, 8 mil is approved by the Fla building Code, but it reccomends Dow-Corning 995. (The only adhesive approved by the Fla Bldg Code) :inot

key west knows his stuff :inot

Guest Tintin' Magician

Oh yeah, Steve is the man! :fdup Big shout outs, what up homie g! :beer Yeah, I got that taken care of. I found out that it would work becuz it was a old structure. They had to get the plumbing and wiring inspected but not the glass, cuz it was the same glass as before. But he thought the glass was going to be inspected as well, and I thought that was the case as well. But no, it's all good.

Guest obxtint

This whole issue confuses me. I am fairly sure that no 8mil will pass the "large missile impact" with or without dow.. So you must use laminated glass... Who makes laminated glass that can pass the test..? I can't find that either... Why does the window film need to pass a strickter guidline than laminated glass?

Guest teamfutaba
This whole issue confuses me. I am fairly sure that no 8mil will pass the "large missile impact" with or without dow.. So you must use laminated glass... Who makes laminated glass that can pass the test..? I can't find that either... Why does the window film need to pass a strickter guidline than laminated glass?

my guess is someone somewhere wanted you to feel all warm and fuzzy by offering you a product that will pass astm 1886, 1996 large missle by testing with the "c" missle and not the "d" missle. hell of a selling tool though. have you heard the add's on the radio that say there film will pass ALL dade county code's. they aint lying, they just aint telling the whole truth. still kind of lying though.

Guest fredstinting

nothing in window film with pass the dade county code look up the window film magazine artical in one of the past issue

go to there web site it a couple pages will tell you the facts

Archived