air conditioner

:blah To everyone that said oversize...and for those reasons :beer A/C guys know what they are talking about in relation to office space ...but not when it comes to bringing hot engines in an enclosed area

Guest scottstinting

Well im not an expert but my shop is 1200 sq ft and I use the largest window unit I could find 240v and it stays about 70 72 in here all day but I do use remote control door opener and have lots of insulation and it is a metal pole barn basicaly

Just an added though..when I got A/C put in my new shop last yr, I had them hook up an exaust fan at the top of the ceiling. Cold air goes to the floor lifting the hot air up and know where to go..the fan is inezpensive and takes that hot air and skims it off the ceiling and out the building to the outside...just a thought for those who have a smaller shops :beer

I have a 30X40 shop at my house-insulated-and a 3ton unit wouldnt cool it! I switched it out to a 5 ton-and it works better!

sounds like it's not insulated very well, to me.

I just looked at your location, E Texas, and maybe that's got something to do with it... Anyone contemplating this issue should keep in mind where they are.

That depends on many factors..I have a system that works for me with no contamination..it just takes some tweeking and peeking for your own environment. I have air filters and air purifiers running as well..it's a little overboard but it's a small enough area that I can pull out all the stops :gasp

Guest scottstinting

No mines on all the time in the shop and have no contamination but I do wet my floor and squeege daily .I think as long as its not blowing right on you youll be ok

Archived