Late night tinting

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

when I owned my own shop I enjoyed working nights...more peacful which is what is needed for good tinting, now that I work at a shop I enjoy my nights and weekends off....ps: did I see someone else with my name? oh damn he joined around the same but 2 years befoer me...nevermind I said anything

I used to tint 1-2 cars a night starting around sunset. Did other work during the day that needed daylight and was at the shop until about 10pm 3 nights a week or so. If people can get the car early, they usually don't mind. As long as your area is safe to leave cars out overnight or you get there early enough to get it out of the shop before they get there.

I worked late 7 days a week, most of the time until 11 at night. It's not healthy and your family suffers. Two years ago the wife decided she had enough and set a schedule. No more tinting on Sundays, be home by 8 and Friday's at 6. I hated it in the begining but good thing she did it, otherwise I would have burned out.

Guest afterhours

the whole in the evening thing works for me. my shop is actually called AFTER HOURS WINDOW TINTING. I run a tint shop in another town during the day. drive about 20 miles then work at AFTER HOURS in the evening. usually just do 1 or 2 cars an evening and that is a plenty for me. rent is super cheap and the building is basically 4 walls, floor, lights, table, and a peeling glass. no office or anything just strictly you bring your car I tint the windows and that is it for After Hours.

HOWEVER the other shop is nice with a lobby and we make signs etc and do window tinting.

My wife is a shift worker and I always have her schedule 2 months in advanced so when I can , I calibrate my hrs with her, that way we still get "our" time and the customer wins too :beer

Guest precision-audio

why on earth would you work at night, hell Im in at 9 mon thru sat and leave at 6, my customers put down a $40 deposit at least one day before and they have a 1/2 hour window to show for their appt, in 3.5 years I have only had 6 people not show up and the lost the deposit. now I wont book anyone with out a deposit. it weeds the flakes out and it makes your day alot more productive. My shop was up 40% from last year

Archived