Won't happen again until the year 2287

Hi Friends,

You might want to take a look at this. Carmen

Since this won't happen again for? between 5,000 and 60,000 years...might be worth a look now. I'm sure some of you already know and are watching for this phenomenon, but if you aren't? - here's your chance.

Mars

The Red Planet is about to be spectacular!

This month the Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and

will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9

and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification

Mars will look as large as the full moon to the n@ked eye.

Mars will be easy to spot. At the beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m.

and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m.

By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its

highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has

seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grow

progressively brighter and brighter throughout the? month.

Share this with your children and grandchildren.

NO ONE ALIVE TODAY WILL EVER SEE THIS AGAIN

Big as a full moon!?!?!

This is the only part I had a hard time believing! :dunno It would be all over th media if that wa so..and can't find anything on it :beer

Guest nautiboi73

Big as a full moon!?!?!

This is the only part I had a hard time believing! :beer It would be all over th media if that wa so..and can't find anything on it :dunno

where is Mdog when u need him.

TTC I will be watching the shy. maybe from a big rock aka Stone Mountain

Archived