Scratched Windows After Tint Job

Guest Goosifer

Guest solarspot

WOW thats real bad can't see how they will be able to talk thier way out of that one :lol

You have to know when you scratch a glass that bad :thumbdown

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Goosifer

- Thanks to everyone for the responses. I'm planning on visiting the shop tomorrow afternoon to see what they can do to resolve this issue. I'll be sure to keep you all posted. I do have another question, when I picked up my car the shop owner gave me what he called a "lifetime warranty". Well, I read the fine print and the warranty only covers the tint, not the workmanship and it's been exactly 30 days since the job was done. Is it too late to make a claim with the shop or do tint shops usually guaranteed their work for longer than a month? Sounds a bit odd, but I thought I'd ask. Again, any and all help is appreciated.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

you would have been better off bringing the problem to thier attention right away. Good luck , and keep us posted. where ya from?

Guest Goosifer
you would have been better off bringing the problem to thier attention right away. Good luck , and keep us posted. where ya from?

- I discovered one scratch a week ago and another today. It didn't occur to me that the scratches came from the tint job until this morning when I noticed the patterns matched the film. I hope I'm not too late. I'm from San Diego, CA.

Guest tintgod

yeah...if it is a reputable shop they will fix it for you..taking it back after 30 days is going to be rough though.be prepared to here..." how do we know that someone else didn't do that"..or something in the lines of that...but stand your ground and don't let them get away with it..you can see what was done when cutting off the excess tint from the back window..and the quarter window..

Guest Goosifer

- guest: I know what you mean. The problem is that it takes a days (I've also heard weeks) for the tint to set in and appear. So, the time factor doesn't make much sense since I have to wait to see what the final tint will look like. Besides, the cuts go under car door framing. The owner seemed real professional so I'm really hoping for the best on this one.

The least they could of done was left you a scratch that was actually "straight" :thumb

Damn, that sucks. Been there, done that, but never that fukin bad!!! And I notified the customer BEFORE they even saw it, not left it for them to find and wonder if I was going to screw them over on the deal. :dunno

Good luck man.

Guest Goosifer

- Update 1: I called the shop today and asked if I could come in to have the car checked out. He asked when the work was done and a description of what was going on. I told him about the scratches and that the work had been done 1 month ago. He seemed real understanding and said that tomorrow would be a better time. I agreed and told him that I'd call tomorrow.

Archived