Scratched Windows After Tint Job

Guest Goosifer

Guest tintgod

im still having a hard time beliveing it took 30 days to notice something like that on your car...those are some BIG scratches...how can it take that long to notice something like that..I sorry..I just dont believe it

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like they cut the film with a chainsaw :heh
dizzzznahm looks like somebody carved dat hoe up like a christmas turkey :skit
Looks like it was tinted by OJ Simpson :lol2

Looks like it was tinted by OJ Simpson :heh

No..OJ would have had to have a knife in his possesion to do that :skit

:skit:heh

Guest Goosifer
im still having a hard time beliveing it took 30 days to notice something like that on your car...those are some BIG scratches...how can it take that long to notice something like that..I sorry..I just dont believe it

- I know very little about cars and know even less about tint. This isn't the kind of quality I expected from a tint job that costs just as much as my car note. Everything looked fine when I picked my car up from the shop. I was told by the shop manager not to wash the inside of the back window for 6 days, so I decided not to wash the car for a few weeks just to let the tint job settle in. After all, it's a brand new car and the weather here is nice.

I noticed the back window first at a gas station and I wasn't sure what to make of it. My initial reaction was not to blame the shop. After all, "You get what you pay for", right? I gave the shop the total benefit of the doubt and tried to think of other ways this could have happened. "Vandalism?"; I thought. "No, the scratch is too precise and the tint around the scratches is undisturbed". Again, this is the first time I've ever had a car tinted and don't know the difference between a good job and a bad job. A week (or two) later I washed the car and noticed the second scratch on the rear door window and immediately knew the damage was done at the shop. I am reacting in what I feel is a reasonable amount of time for a customer who paid honest money for an honest job. Besides, shouldn't the work of any professional be strong enough to last at least a 60 day review?

Guest Goosifer

Update #2 : I went to the shop this morning and spoke with the owner. He investigated the scratches and concluded that his shop is at fault. He says they use stainless steel blades that aren't supposed to scratch when they're cutting the film. He said that he would call around to speak with some glass shops in the area to see if the scratches could be buffed out. Anyone know how this procedure works?

I told him that I'd like to have the windows replaced from the Honda dealer and he agreed to leave that as an option but wants to take a few days to see what other options are available.

Special thanks to everyone here at tintdude.com for giving their opinions and feedback. :shock

told him that I'd like to have the windows replaced from the Honda dealer

Your Honda dealer is just going to sub it out to a glass shop anyway.(sometimes the cheapest one they can find :blah ) Just look for a good glass shop, and DEFINITELY don't go to the cheapest. Find one that uses only oem glass, or glass from a company that makes oem Honda glass, like PPG. The glass doesn't have to say Honda to be good, oem quality, as long as it's from PPG, or another oem source. Glass companies that charge more also usually use OEM primers and urethanes , expensive stuff for a lowballing shop.

:blah don't consider going to the Honda dealership superior to a glass shop. it's the same only the dealership will get their cut. PPG glass is every bit the exact same only without the Honda logo. those scratches are NOT going to buff out. replacement is the only option.

Update #2 : I went to the shop this morning and spoke with the owner. He investigated the scratches and concluded that his shop is at fault. He says they use stainless steel blades that aren't supposed to scratch when they're cutting the film. He said that he would call around to speak with some glass shops in the area to see if the scratches could be buffed out. Anyone know how this procedure works?

I told him that I'd like to have the windows replaced from the Honda dealer and he agreed to leave that as an option but wants to take a few days to see what other options are available.

Special thanks to everyone here at tintdude.com for giving their opinions and feedback. :cool

:cool

I still think its bogus :blah

did you get the owner to show you the blind MONKEY in the back, with a die-grinder cuttin film. :nope

:blah:bat

Guest solarspot
:blah I worked a a dealership every day for 3 months and they WILL sub out the work!! Cheapest company around I don't know how mant times I hear about them breaking the new glass or scratching the car. Once they dropped the new glass on a brand new HHR and did $1200 damage to the car wagon suv what ever you want to call it. Ask for a quality glass shop :blah

Archived