Scratched Windows After Tint Job

Guest Goosifer

:beer I worked a a dealership every day for 3 months and they WILL sub out the work!! Cheapest company around I don't know how mant times I hear about them breaking the new glass or scratching the car. Once they dropped the new glass on a brand new HHR and did $1200 damage to the car wagon suv what ever you want to call it. Ask for a quality glass shop :beer

see the monkey?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie

:beer I worked a a dealership every day for 3 months and they WILL sub out the work!! Cheapest company around I don't know how mant times I hear about them breaking the new glass or scratching the car. Once they dropped the new glass on a brand new HHR and did $1200 damage to the car wagon suv what ever you want to call it. Ask for a quality glass shop :beer

see the monkey?

thats not a monkey

Spot finally posted a self portrait in his avatar:thumb

- I discovered one scratch a week ago and another today. It didn't occur to me that the scratches came from the tint job until this morning when I noticed the patterns matched the film. I hope I'm not too late. I'm from San Diego, CA.

Can you PM me with which shop is this? I'll try to aviod it. I'm planning to tint my 911 pretty soon, and I'm here in San Diego too.

There is no way anyone could buff them scratches out, I used to try all types of ways when in the windscreen trade. Find a small independent windscreen company to replace the glass, as already mentioned :evileye

Guest outkast tinter

That is going to require total glass replacement and a retint, hands down. I use a piece of plastic under the film and press my blade into the plastic to cut out the pattern, and I've NEVER scratched a window in 20 years :bingo

Guest willie
That is going to require total glass replacement and a retint, hands down. I use a piece of plastic under the film and press my blade into the plastic to cut out the pattern, and I've NEVER scratched a window in 20 years :dunno

years in the feild 8 :beer

Archived