Flat Glass Commission

Guest tinting2long

Guest vclimber
If your shop is supplying the film, and your installing it I would ask for 2/sf. If you provided the lead or sold the job yourself I'd ask for 5-10% in addition to the 2/sf.

Sorry man, but I have to say that asking for that much with 1 year's experience, you wouldn't get hired around here. :blah

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tintin' Magician

You know, I am new to the site and I know that things are always different down south but, the lowest I ever got for solar film is .75 a square. I don't know though, I am primarily a security film installer. :blah

there was a project going on here in Dallas that the dealer wanted me to work in the winter. It paid .33 cents a sq for R&R. I told the absolutly not, and that he was bringing down the market with these prices. Although he just bought a big house that he was trying to furnish so I think that is where some of the money went. Although people do call him 2 dollar #$%.

If we all did this then they would have no choice to pay us what we are worth. During the slow months these lower paying jobs always seem to pop up to carry you through. If your a subcontractor and don't accept the job then the Owner will just hire some south of the border installer that will do it for that price anyway. :beer

Guest VOLTRON

Well then you dont work for that dealer, He doesnt call that much any more and it is because I charge more then he wants to pay. If he needs the help I will be glad to help but I am not going to install film at those prices. Someone bidding jobs that low is bringing the market down and I dont want to contribute to something like that. 1.00 a sq is the lowest I will work for. Me having to supply everything but the film such as paper towels, trashbags,blades, tools, ladders, milage on my van and gas there is just not enough profit in it to do it for less. I also have a minimum that I make no matter what. So I am garanteed a certain amount when I go to a job.

Guest a1wintinter
Well then you dont work for that dealer, He doesnt call that much any more and it is because I charge more then he wants to pay. If he needs the help I will be glad to help but I am not going to install film at those prices. Someone bidding jobs that low is bringing the market down and I dont want to contribute to something like that. 1.00 a sq is the lowest I will work for. Me having to supply everything but the film such as paper towels, trashbags,blades, tools, ladders, milage on my van and gas there is just not enough profit in it to do it for less. I also have a minimum that I make no matter what. So I am garanteed a certain amount when I go to a job.

:beer

I couldn't agree with you more. It's just in CA when I lived there if you did it that way then you didn't work much. :beer

Guest VOLTRON

I doubt CA is any different then DFW, we have one of the most whored out markets in the US. I stay plenty busy and just weed out the ones that want you to do the work for free.

If your shop is supplying the film, and your installing it I would ask for 2/sf. If you provided the lead or sold the job yourself I'd ask for 5-10% in addition to the 2/sf.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :DD

Sorry man, but I have to say that asking for that much with 1 year's experience, you wouldn't get hired around here. :lol2

:DD

I doubt CA is any different then DFW, we have one of the most whored out markets in the US. I stay plenty busy and just weed out the ones that want you to do the work for free.

I have driven accross the US three times now and evertime I stop in a big city I look in the yellow pages at Tint Shop adds. I know exactly what you are talking about cause when I was in Houston in 02 there was like 6-7 pages of adds. :cool

Archived