Flat Glass Commission

Guest tinting2long

I disagree TINTITMAN, at least with some of your statements. The employees are there to help run a business, making the profit is your job. $2 installer isnt the same as a $.50 installer, in mot cases tou know the better tinter should get more money. Is $2 a sq. normal? Of course not, I was teeling him that so that will give him some area to negotiate from. :beer

$2 a sq for installers??.........Damn, Sign me up and I will shut down My shop!!! In my market, we bid $5 - 7 a square, and get hizzos who give it away for $3 - 4. At $2 a square to install, I would go back to installing. Think of it this way, boys. If you do a pane that is 5'x4', thats 20 square feet. At .50 a sq, thats $10 per pane. The average tinter can do 4 to 8 minimum per hour. Calculates out to $40 to $80 an hour. That is a fair wage and beyond. Thinking that an owner would even consider $2 a square is beyond nuts and will get your butt kicked to the curb fast.

To think that an installer could get $2 per square, which is about 25 to 40% of what is quoted per square before Bills and taxes is foolish. In my shop .50 is fair and .75 is well above that. If the installer wants a bigger slice of the pie (which would be like asking for $40-60 an hour) then he should consider taking the risk of owning his own shop. Otherwise, don't feel you deserve this without the risk of bills and tax responsibility. WE SHOP OWNERS PAY OUR BILLS, HIGH TAXES(UP TO 40% OF THE JOB DEPENDING ON THE STATE,AND YOUR(THE INSTALLERS) TAXES AND INSURANCES. WANT MORE? THEN STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND HAVE THE GUTS TO DO IT FOR YOURSELF.

I have owned for years and just love the guys who think they deserve MY profits, but don't want the responsibilities.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VOLTRON

well you are talking about 2 different things. Having an employee is one thing and paying thier taxes and them having a company vehicle. If they have no expenses then I understand the .50 cents. But then there is contractors which you will have different guys that do it differently.

I am a contractor and I supply everything for the job except the film. I charge a dollar a sq to install but I too have expenses like the dealer selling the job.

Guest windoworx

If I had the opportunity to sub out large jobs I would highly consider it. I would be more than happy to pay $2.00 per sq. The big issue I guess is trusting that sub to do the right thing. Basicly it like making money and not doing anything.

Now isn't that odd the way you USA guys get paid?

I'd say most installers whether auto or flat are being paid a flat wage downunder each week.

I know of one who has just chucked his job in and he was on the equivalent of $750 USA plus car, plus superannuation, plus holidays, plus, plus, plus.

Devil

I'd say most installers whether auto or flat are being paid a flat wage downunder each week.

I know of one who has just chucked his job in and he was on the equivalent of $750 USA plus car, plus superannuation, plus holidays, plus, plus, plus.

Devil

On the other hand most commish guys don't get bennies.

Devil

On the other hand most commish guys don't get bennies.

My guys are paid that way and make a good wage. They have sick time, and vacation as well.

On th other hand, I do expect work from them. Quality and efficient work, on time, in company shirt, etc.

Archived