Flat Glass Commission

Guest tinting2long

Guest vclimber

Now isn't that odd the way you USA guys get paid?

I'd say most installers whether auto or flat are being paid a flat wage downunder each week.

I know of one who has just chucked his job in and he was on the equivalent of $750 USA plus car, plus superannuation, plus holidays, plus, plus, plus.

Devil

On the other hand most commish guys don't get bennies.

My guys are paid that way and make a good wage. They have sick time, and vacation as well.

On th other hand, I do expect work from them. Quality and efficient work, on time, in company shirt, etc.

:lol2

Comission plus benefits. But you and your work have to be clean and timely, I accept nothing less. :thumb

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West

In CA on large jobs over 100,000 sq.ft. you lucky to get .50/ sq.ft. On jobs this big installing close to 1000sq.ft a day isn't uncommon. 500.00 a day isn't bad money.

Can you hang 1000 square a day? If so, YOU DA MAN!!!! In over 30 years I've NEVER seen one guy hang over 500 square (Quality) much less 1000. :thumb

Guest vclimber
In CA on large jobs over 100,000 sq.ft. you lucky to get .50/ sq.ft. On jobs this big installing close to 1000sq.ft a day isn't uncommon. 500.00 a day isn't bad money.

Can you hang 1000 square a day? If so, YOU DA MAN!!!! In over 30 years I've NEVER seen one guy hang over 500 square (Quality) much less 1000. :thumb

I've seen 1000 sf done in a long day but never seen a clean job, especially at .50 sq ft or less. :lol2

Guest Tintin' Magician

Yeah, solo my best footage was around 600 sq. ft. However those panes were huge (95x270) and they took me all day to do. There were only 3 panes and it was 8mil madico with a seam of course.

Guest Key West
You know, I am new to the site and I know that things are always different down south but, the lowest I ever got for solar film is .75 a square. I don't know though, I am primarily a security film installer. :lol2

I get anywhere from .75 to 1.25 per square for regular ol' solar control film. For that money, I provide my tools, ladders (up to 6'), vehicle, gas (within a certain radius, after that I get .50 per mile). The employer pays for all expenables. Blades, paper towels, drop cloths, film. And provides ladders/scaffolding for work over 6' high. This is also how I pay as an employer.

S&S is a different story. I get any where from 1.25 to 2.50 per square, depending on 4, 6, or 8 mil. with the above stated conditions. Anything over 8 mil, we negotiate.

As for cars, 50% is just plain STOOPID for anyone to pay. For you guys out there getting35 to 40% :thumb Beers to ya and god bless. The MOST I've ever paid (or been paid) is 33%. Had a guy once so desperate for a tinter he offered me 50%, but after I explained that if he paid me that, he'd soon be out of business, and I'd be out of a job, we settled on 33%.

That being said, If dude had his own business license, Liability(1,000,000.00), workmans comp, and provided everything but film, I'd say yes 2.00 per square for regular solar control, and as high as 3.00 pr square for up to 8 mil.

My general rule of thumb follows the rules of salvage at sea. 1/3 for the captain, 1/3 for the ship and 1/3 for the crew. This way, everyone makes out and is happy. And happiness is a positive cash flow! :lol2

WASSUP MIKE!

Guest vclimber
My general rule of thumb follows the rules of salvage at sea. 1/3 for the captain, 1/3 for the ship and 1/3 for the crew. This way, everyone makes out and is happy. And happiness is a positive cash flow .

Arrrrgh! ye talkin bout after expenses then dat'z a :thumb mate. :lol2

Guest Key West

My general rule of thumb follows the rules of salvage at sea. 1/3 for the captain, 1/3 for the ship and 1/3 for the crew. This way, everyone makes out and is happy. And happiness is a positive cash flow .

Arrrrgh! ye talkin bout after expenses then dat'z a :gasp mate. :beer

:bingo:heh:lol6

Arrrrgh! ye talkin bout after expenses then dat'z a :gasp mate. :heh

Hey V,

I saw that "Bitterness of poor quality" thing in an AltaMere once. :krazy

Guest Key West

Can you hang 1000 square a day? If so, YOU DA MAN!!!! In over 30 years I've NEVER seen one guy hang over 500 square (Quality) much less 1000. :gasp

I've seen 1000 sf done in a long day but never seen a clean job, especially at .50 sq ft or less. :gasp

By one guy? I'd have to see it to believe :krazy:lol6 That would be ONE LONG AZZED DAY! :bingo

Guest vclimber
Hey V,

I saw that "Bitterness of poor quality" thing in an AltaMere once. :heh

:heh They must have stold it from me. :bat

:gasp I took it from an old plumber. :lol6

Can you hang 1000 square a day? If so, YOU DA MAN!!!! In over 30 years I've NEVER seen one guy hang over 500 square (Quality) much less 1000. :bingo

I've seen 1000 sf done in a long day but never seen a clean job, especially at .50 sq ft or less. :heh

By one guy? I'd have to see it to believe :heh:beer That would be ONE LONG AZZED DAY! :krazy

:gasp Yeah and for some strange reason he had to take the next day off. :lol2

Guest Key West

I've seen 1000 sf done in a long day but never seen a clean job, especially at .50 sq ft or less. :krazy

By one guy? I'd have to see it to believe :beer:heh That would be ONE LONG AZZED DAY! :bingo

:gasp Yeah and for some strange reason he had to take the next day off. :gasp

Go Figger!!! :lol6

Archived