FRIGGIN BOSSES

Guest a1wintinter

no employer wants employees working for multiple places unless that was the understanding from the beginning. I know that if someone came to me and said they wanted to cut back so they could tint more out of their home I would let them go too...situations like that just don't work out.

its called a conflict of interests. grounds for termination in most work places

:nope Because you never know when a employee might be sending people to his home, and or "borrowing" tint to do the cars. You can sometimes work out a deal if the two parties have trust in one another though, but thats rare.

Guest a1wintinter

Thanks for the support guys :lol2 He had always known a did side work and it was ok even from the start and he knew sooner or later I was going to venture off on my own, he even told me when I was ready he would help me any way he could :spit I guess he thought I would come running back in a week but when I told him about a couple of new accounts I got he just freaked :shock You guys should understand he does VERY well in the tint industry, the accounts I have came from family members and close friends(pulled some strings) so it is not possible he would have gotten them. :lol2 I guess its just funny how he is acting, but I also forgot to mention that his younger brother used to work with us and he promised him his own place for 8 years and then turned on him also when he wanted to strart his business. The tint didnt take off for him like it has for me but he now has small yet busy interior trim company and his brother still doesnt talk to him, he just talks crap about how he is not going to help his brother when he calls :lol2 (JERK) and now he is justing doing the same to me. :bat:lol2:lol2

So about a month ago I decided to go from ft to pt in order to spend more time working for myself. I did all the things needed to keep a good relationship with my current employer including giving some notice before I went to pt. Well he flipped-out and turned off my company phone instantly and then sent someone over to where is was working and told that person (a nobody) to send me home(fire me) :cool . I was pissed but tried to stay cool with him as I have burned too many bridges growing up. I have even gone to his shop and worked for him when he has called to ask for help. Then today one of the tinters from his shop called me to tell me that my name came up today and the owner said they should stay away from me and not associate with me :blah I could not believe what I was hearing, I have treated this guy with respect and gone above and beyond for his company, as well as putting up with his crap :bat. So whatever all I know is I have been very fortunate since my departure from that place, I have a couple of great accounts and I am able to spend more time with my girls and my skateboard. So after writing this I guess I havent really lost anything but a 54hr wk headache. Thanks for the therapy session TD :cool

More power to ya dood.

Respect deserves the same in return..

Sounds like youv'e done good thing for yourself and your family.

Best of luck to ya! :nope:blah

Archived