SUNROOFS IN DALLAS/FORT WORTH AREA

Do any of the members here do sunroofs in the DALLAS/ FORT WORTH area? Nobody in this town does them and we have people ask all the time.

Do any of the members here have a reputable shop they can recommend?

Guest willie
Do any of the members here do sunroofs in the DALLAS/ FORT WORTH area? Nobody in this town does them and we have people ask all the time.

Do any of the members here have a reputable shop they can recommend?

:nope

I'll call some of my buds, I dont remember.

Beleive it or not I went to a sunroof training class at AFF in the early 90's when these things were just getting real popular. I just never could get up the nerve or interest to cut into someones roof :nope

Solarspot might know

A lady here at work has a sister that lives down there and wanted to know if I knew of anybody :nope I told here I would ask the question on here and see what I could come up with :nope

The REAL reason why it's hard to find someone to do a decent job in aftermarket sunroofs is because it's a lot of work and risk for the $$$ on today's vehicles..most auto glass places would rather make money in other aspects of the business ...when you do find someone..they charge a lot to make it worth their while ..or so I've found around here anyways :nope

Guest Al-tint

:cool

In 1980 my Dad and I took 11 months to build this car. When we taped the template on to cut the roof, he checked it with the frame and the damn thing would have fallen through. :nope:nope

The jerks put the wrong template in the box. :cool

firebird.jpg

Guest willie
Mr P was a hole cuttin fool in the early days :lol2 But with the liabilty today :shock no way!!!!!

:lol2 TTC I like and repsect you alot but if you ever leave a post out there hangin like this again

I'm going to have to reply with my nasty perverted thought.

Fair warning :spit

There is a shop in my area that does them and they do a great job.

But, IMO aftermarket s/roofs are trouble from the word go.

I work on many of them for leaks, they last just long enough for the warranty to expire and crap out

or start leaking like mad.

Then every few years or maybe months, they discontinue a model and you have to replace instead of repair them. (No parts avail. for discontinued models).

IF and I mean IF you would want someone to cut a hole in your roof and fabricate a goofy lookin headliner

just so you can have a sunroof, definately take it to a shop that sells ASC sunroofs.

They design and build most of the true O.E.M. s/roofs for the manufacturers.

IMO not worth the trouble, trade yours in for one that has a "factory" s/roof. :blah:blah

Archived