Not Exactly Flat......Skylite

Guest FilmBlazer

I have encountered some curved skylights, but not of this type. These are dual pane tempered glass, quarter circle skylights, similar to what you might see in a solarium, however, these are at a Wendy's location.

Does anyone have any recommendations for film usage? I've been told to try to stick with PS. Has anyone ever had success installing upon this surface with CDF or any other type of dry adhesive?

Thanks for any input.

FB

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have put film on some of the curved glass sun room windows. Used detach PS on them and actually had to break out the heat gun on a couple on the first job. It was about 7 years ago when that one happened but I got it done.

good luck....

Guest vclimber
I have encountered some curved skylights, but not of this type. These are dual pane tempered glass, quarter circle skylights, similar to what you might see in a solarium, however, these are at a Wendy's location.

Does anyone have any recommendations for film usage? I've been told to try to stick with PS. Has anyone ever had success installing upon this surface with CDF or any other type of dry adhesive?

Thanks for any input.

FB

I done them in CDF and it works. :poke

Guest vclimber
Cool, glad to hear V, but was it a PITA? Or did it install relatively smoothly?

It's not that hard, I'd say laying and trimming the film is the hardest part. After that, it squeegees down easy and sticks. Just use some extra X-100 or equivalent. I'd stay away from the DPS, too much mess -imo just go straight PS if you have too. :poke

Guest FilmBlazer
It's not that hard, I'd say laying and trimming the film is the hardest part. After that, it squeegees down easy and sticks. Just use some extra X-100 or equivalent. I'd stay away from the DPS, too much mess -imo just go straight PS if you have too. :lol6

Very good, thanks for the input! I don't typically use X-100, just baby shampoo, do you recommend x-100 for this application in place of the JBS?

Guest vclimber
Very good, thanks for the input! I don't typically use X-100, just baby shampoo, do you recommend x-100 for this application in place of the JBS?

I prefer it, JBS is too much slip for this application -ime.

Archived