New commission rate and a freebie its a good day

I successfully negociated a new rate with my shop on work I will now take 50% of labor charged. If I am efficient and use little tint the bill is nearly all labor and I make more.. Before it was a flat rate and I wasnt doin well from it.

On to the freebie.. I am callin around for plexi glass or something for a cutting/peelin table setup and the nice ole lady on the phone at ace hardware offers up two sliding glass doors that I must pickup. I am not sure what they are for sure I know they are framed and glass and big and free.. I'll get pics up if its a cool score.

tim.

:cool

I successfully negociated a new rate with my shop on work I will now take 50% of labor charged. If I am efficient and use little tint the bill is nearly all labor and I make more.. Before it was a flat rate and I wasnt doin well from it.

On to the freebie.. I am callin around for plexi glass or something for a cutting/peelin table setup and the nice ole lady on the phone at ace hardware offers up two sliding glass doors that I must pickup. I am not sure what they are for sure I know they are framed and glass and big and free.. I'll get pics up if its a cool score.

tim.

:cool

Yah ! pics pics !!!

mount it on the wall for sure!!!

makes working alot easier, and cleaner!!

nice score :thumb

any ideas for mounting??? I am thinking either a rail for it to rest in or perhaps some heavy duty c shaped pieces to hold it in place... I got just the wall for it, I hope the studs are strong!

If you feel like spending some time and $75 on some lumber and screws, I made a 4x7 sheet of glass on a sort of rolling cart, it's awesome, you can put it right next to whatever window you are working on.

I would like a portable setup the problem is the shop gets crowded and I dont trust other folks here to move it around w/o doing something wrong.. I have one part of the shop that stays clear and would make a great permanent tinting location... Either way I might frame it in wood and then wall mount it.. oh the possibilities

Archived