tinting in my garage is hottttt !! wow

Guest JMass

Honestly, it's a no brainer..if you work out of home and tinting is what you do for a living, then A/C is a necessary tool , open the wallet a bit take a small loan out..ask yourself what your sanity is worth. My tint bay at home is only 16 x24 and I have a 1.5 ton A/C just for it + a 12,000 btu A/C as a back up for when it gets REAL hot...I like my shop like a fridge when you walk in it . when you break down how many car you tint per month vs the cost of running the air , $5 more than covers all costs "even if you had an extended loan for getting the a/c"

IMO $5 a car is wort hthe sanity :bingo

:beer

My shop is like 100x100, if only a window unit would work, haha..its so hot I here while tinting but its ok cause its free. I seen one of those portable a/c units at home depot, wonder if they work very good for 500

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am pretty much running my business in my garage right now, but holly cr@p it gets soo damn hot in there, I have to take breaks all the time. does anyone else do this lol???? it kinda makes u think of the things you do for money sometimes. I like tinting but I dread going back into the garage to finish the car sometimes.

I feel your pain mang!

It is not feasible to air condition my current shop. But my new one will hopefully be breaking ground

one day and it will be fully climate controlled!!! :bingo

But for now we must suffer through this crap with not much of a break in sight....

Guest Soultinter

use a fan w the door open while you cut and prepare to stick, close door and turn of fan when sticking, open door and turn on fan to clean up and touch up.

Guest Tintin' Magician

I am pretty much running my business in my garage right now, but holly cr@p it gets soo damn hot in there, I have to take breaks all the time. does anyone else do this lol???? it kinda makes u think of the things you do for money sometimes. I like tinting but I dread going back into the garage to finish the car sometimes.

Call a flat glass tinter. :lol2

:lol:bingo

Guest darkdan

I was going to buy a $500 standalone 12,000 BTU A/C this year, but it slowed down in May/June so I didn't. Then it picked up in July/August and I wish I had.

I even installed a new outlet for it!

Oh well, I'll get it for next year.

Guest jetted600
I hate sweaty ball tinting :evilgrin

Fireman68 hello I am looking for a experienced tinter in houston to start a mobile tinting service . the sooner the better while I can focus all of my time . email me at rederyou@aol.com .

Archived