My Neon now owns a very expensive tint job...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what are the general TSER numbers on it?

I think UP50 is like 48% and UP75 is like 40%, but what is different is the heat that you feel, the sales rep said it block a good amount of infrared? I don't know, but I know that it's nothing like 22HPC with 55% TSER, you don't feel the sun at all.

To add to what /// just said about TSER numbers, Solargard's figures sure are weird. For instance, why does HP Charcoal's (dyed/metallized) numbers almost equal Quantum's (full metal) numbers? Wouldn't you think full metal jacket would blow away the hybrid?

Another even more interesting one is HP True Grey's numbers. Since HP True Grey is a higher quality film than HP Charcoal, why does it have lower TSER numbers for pretty much each VLT level? :heh

Yet another mystery to ponder - why does HP Charcoal 22 have a LOWER TSER rating than HP Charcoal 32? There is a similar anomaly with HP True Grey. HP TG 18 blocks LESS heat than TG28. But then the next darker VLT blocks more again. It's like a weird down-up-down see-saw effect in the stats. :beer:spit:lol2

I've also noticed since Solargard just redid their stat's page on the website, some figures have changed. I'll use HP True Grey 38 as an example. Few years ago it had TSER of 40. Then they revised the site and it went up to 43. Now on the latest revision it's at 41. What would explain this see-saw effect here? If it was progressive R&D, wouldn't the numbers just keep getting better, not up-down-up??

It's the TSER conspiracy I tell you!!! Call the x-files!! :beer

Guest solarspot
To add to what /// just said about TSER numbers, Solargard's figures sure are weird. For instance, why does HP Charcoal's (dyed/metallized) numbers almost equal Quantum's (full metal) numbers? Wouldn't you think full metal jacket would blow away the hybrid?

Another even more interesting one is HP True Grey's numbers. Since HP True Grey is a higher quality film than HP Charcoal, why does it have lower TSER numbers for pretty much each VLT level? :beer

Yet another mystery to ponder - why does HP Charcoal 22 have a LOWER TSER rating than HP Charcoal 32? There is a similar anomaly with HP True Grey. HP TG 18 blocks LESS heat than TG28. But then the next darker VLT blocks more again. It's like a weird down-up-down see-saw effect in the stats. :lol:lol:?

I've also noticed since Solargard just redid their stat's page on the website, some figures have changed. I'll use HP True Grey 38 as an example. Few years ago it had TSER of 40. Then they revised the site and it went up to 43. Now on the latest revision it's at 41. What would explain this see-saw effect here? If it was progressive R&D, wouldn't the numbers just keep getting better, not up-down-up??

It's the TSER conspiracy I tell you!!! Call the x-files!! :beer

:beer:lol2:bingo

Guest deeptint3
I did the doors today and short of a little incident involving peeling the liner, then forgetting and walking off and yelling and throwing things at my employee, it's was a near perfect job. I took it for a spin and boy can I tell you it's fricken awesome. I actually ended up turning off the AC after about 5 minutes on low because I got cold and goosebumbs, which isn't bad in the hot New Mexico sun. I finished the backglass just now, and short of it being a little difficult to shrink, it went without a hitch. I think on a little less curved backglasses it will work awesome, just needs a lot of heat. I'm going to order the UP75 and do my windshield too. I still can't get over how well it works, everyone was amazed when I was tinting the door glasses, you could hold it in front of the sun and it instantly got cool, just like standing in the shade. I hope I can sell one of these jobs, I offered a bonus to whoever can sell one, so we will see what happens, but at 4-5x a normal job, it'll be a hard sell. I will get some pictures up soon, but I'm in love.

That's sweet! I have the UP75 on my 06 Tacoma windshield and man did it make a difference! Good clarity too.. I'm glad the manufactuers are finally giving us products that are useful for these special situations! :beer

Archived