Installing MAC film

Guest sandstinter

Guest sandstinter

Hey we just got the MAC film I did a installation on my office window and the glue is way differnt then the SRS or RS films by madico. Whats the best method to put this on without swearing at everything that moves???? LOL. Also with this I was taught by a old tinter that was a moron and didnt change with the times. Is there a better sollution for tinting then Joy dish soap and water?????? And if u got some info for me thanks in advance Eddie in NY

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
Also with this I was taught by a old tinter that was a moron and didnt change with the times.

Is this where you learned to call it "glue"? :bingo

Try calling your distributor, they should have a recommended installation method including what application solution to use. :lol

Yea, the Madico Advanced ceramic.

It is slightly thinner than the regular Madico and has PS adhesive. Its the same to install as other PS adhesive films. You just want to make sure the window is really wet before installing the film, especially with hotter windows. I use J&J, never tried joy, but you could try adding a bit more soap. It just takes a couple of days installing it and you'll get used to it :bingo

AH MAC = Madico

If it like anyother ceramic film I have used then squeegeing is the most important thing about installing those films. I think J&J would be a much better choice for a slip solution than Joy.

Remember Squeegee with alot of pressure but more importantly squeegee slow to move out MAX amount of water. If you squeegee to fast the blade of your squeegee with actually hydroplane over the water and not be as effective. :dunno

Sorry about the MAC confusion :dunno

Guest VOLTRON

it seems to be the same thickness as most regular films. It is single ply rather then 2 ply like Huper. It has a PS adhesive like Huper though but it being thinner makes the install more difficult because you have to be gentle not to crease it and when back rolling it has a tendency to blow out to one side and make the install a pain in the a55. Like Alive said use lots of water and it would be better to wet both the film and the glass and not just the glass. If there is not enought water on the window then you will get little airpockets like im sure you know about or most people already know.

Archived