Installing MAC film

Guest sandstinter

Guest vclimber
it seems to be the same thickness as most regular films. It is single ply rather then 2 ply like Huper. It has a PS adhesive like Huper though but it being thinner makes the install more difficult because you have to be gentle not to crease it and when back rolling it has a tendency to blow out to one side and make the install a pain in the a55. Like Alive said use lots of water and it would be better to wet both the film and the glass and not just the glass. If there is not enought water on the window then you will get little airpockets like im sure you know about or most people already know.

HO's Ceramc 50 & 60 are tricky too because they are so thin. A 72"x 72"+ piece can be a royal pain. :spit

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

RS and SRS come in both PS and dry adhesive.

They do? :beer

We only get dry.

Release for the big MAC is 16/8/2006 (Aug) for us.

The big wigs are coming downunder. :heh

Devil

Tell em to pack some SRS 220 PS and bring it with em. :spit

We only get dry.

The big wigs are coming downunder. :bingo

Devil

Now that I think about it it might only come in a PS adhesive. I thought we used to use it for graphics thus the XSR adhesive. We haven't carried Madico for some time so I could be wrong :beer

Guest vclimber

We only get dry.

The big wigs are coming downunder. :beer

Devil

Now that I think about it it might only come in a PS adhesive. I thought we used to use it for graphics thus the XSR adhesive. We haven't carried Madico for some time so I could be wrong :bingo

It comes in dry too.

Guest vclimber
H.O. 50 and 60 thin? not the film that I've installed. I'm use to 3M which is thin compared to H.O. :)

Thin as far as ceramics go. There are thinner films.

Archived