ceramic tint film manufacturers

Guest shufflnmadness

Guest shufflnmadness

Hi, I was wondering if someone could give me a list of ceramic tint manufacturers and possibly rate them by IR rejection, clarity, and their thoughts on quality of each film listed. Thanks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

I will list in the order they hit the market.

Huper Optik Ceramic

Vista Harmony

Madico MAC

Why do you want them listed by IR rejection? I think you's want Total Solar Energy Rejected, Aheasive type, and Ineterior & Exterior Reflection %...

Guest VOLTRON

MY personal oppinion would be that the Huper's clarity is slightly better although from angles its slightly distorted due to it being 2 ply and having PS adhesive. I havents seen the Harmony as of yet but I hear it looks good. The MAC has good clarity even though it has PS adhesive but it is only single ply so that has something to do with it. If you are looking to put film on dual pane windows, from the 2 that I have used (huper and mac) I would go with the MAC for I think the heat absorbtion on the Huper 30% is too high for dual pane. If the glass faces West and gets alot of sun then I would go with the MAC, it is slightly more reflective but has good numbers and doesnt radiate alot of heat back into the room like I have experienced before with the Huper 30. Again these are my personal oppinions.

Guest vclimber

Vista's Harmony has less distortion because of the CDF adhesive, the Terre looks very nice. HO's polyester seems to be clearer to me than Vista's, we've put up a ton of Ceramic 30 and have had no more breakage than any other film we install. :spit

Guest shufflnmadness

OK I guess I need to get into more detail here. I'm getting a Scion tc in a couple weeks, I'm located in Phoenix AZ. I was interested in having Huper Optik ceramic tint put on, then I found out a few things. Danny's carwash is the only Huper Optik dealer in Maricopa county AZ. and they will not install HuperOptik ceramic on the rear window, because they say they can't get it to install properly on curved rear windows due to the films thickness. They also won't install any tint on the sunroof they are woried about it cracking from the heat and cracking from the sun. Neither of these should be a concern this is tempered glass it is made to contract and expand with heat (as long as you don't hod the heat gun in one spot to long, or throw cold water on a glass panel thats been sitting in the desert sun all day). Toyota doesn't recommend tinting the roof but alot of people in the Scion chat rooms have done it with no problems. I was considering Formula One Pinnacle tint, I didn't kno w what other brands were out there that made ceramic film, I as good of clarity, and heat rejection as I can get. so any Any help would be appreciated, even if you tll me I'm nuts. Thanks

Guest vclimber
OK I guess I need to get into more detail here. I'm getting a Scion tc in a couple weeks, I'm located in Phoenix AZ. I was interested in having Huper Optik ceramic tint put on, then I found out a few things. Danny's carwash is the only Huper Optik dealer in Maricopa county AZ. and they will not install HuperOptik ceramic on the rear window, because they say they can't get it to install properly on curved rear windows due to the films thickness. They also won't install any tint on the sunroof they are woried about it cracking from the heat and cracking from the sun. Neither of these should be a concern this is tempered glass it is made to contract and expand with heat (as long as you don't hod the heat gun in one spot to long, or throw cold water on a glass panel thats been sitting in the desert sun all day). Toyota doesn't recommend tinting the roof but alot of people in the Scion chat rooms have done it with no problems. I was considering Formula One Pinnacle tint, I didn't kno w what other brands were out there that made ceramic film, I as good of clarity, and heat rejection as I can get. so any Any help would be appreciated, even if you tll me I'm nuts. Thanks

If they can't install a back window then how is it they are a Huper Dealer? :bingo

-btw Tempered can handle the heat...

Guest shufflnmadness

If they can't install a back window then how is it they are a Huper Dealer? :bingo

-btw Tempered can handle the heat...

Thats a good question? I wasn't real impressed with what I saw and heard when I was there. Makes me kinda wonder about Huber Optik, they said Danny's was their largest installer and among the best, they did say they were kind of conservative but still theres conservative and down right chicken sh**.

Archived