Mobile Cutting glass (Tech Tip)

Guest scottstinting

Guest scottstinting

Ive been useing this for years so .Go get a 6.5 ft fiberglass ladder .go to a glass shop and cut ya about 30 inches wide buy 6 ft tall safety glass let shop put you a metal crome trim around the edge .Turn the ladder over and run silicone all the way down the back and affix the glass makeing sure you get proper coverage and even put in the middle supports across .I also put 4 mirror hanger brackets with screws attached to fiberglass add some caster wheels with locks and let dry for a couple days .I just slide mine in my truck and pull out and roll it wherever you need it .But I did break it once in the bed of my truck when my spray tank fell over and got to the job and lordy you should have seen the bits and pieces of glass everywhere .So make sure things are secure

Ive been useing this for years so .Go get a 6.5 ft fiberglass ladder .go to a glass shop and cut ya about 30 inches wide buy 6 ft tall safety glass let shop put you a metal crome trim around the edge .Turn the ladder over and run silicone all the way down the back and affix the glass makeing sure you get proper coverage and even put in the middle supports across .I also put 4 mirror hanger brackets with screws attached to fiberglass add some caster wheels with locks and let dry for a couple days .I just slide mine in my truck and pull out and roll it wherever you need it .But I did break it once in the bed of my truck when my spray tank fell over and got to the job and lordy you should have seen the bits and pieces of glass everywhere .So make sure things are secure

Good idea! :dunno

Next time , put some 4 mil safety film on, before the trim.

We did this to all the cutting boards in the shop, just in case .

Guest scottstinting

Good idea

Ive never used any safety film here in Indiana .Its pretty safe here and we all have guns

My maket just dosent do to much safety film maybe a few probabliy in the city on airports and etc. I bet the guys on the hurricane coast just love it

Guest Al-tint
Its pretty safe here and we all have guns

Completely off topic here, but comming from a Country that does not have much for guns, I just don't get this?

If it is safe, ......... why do you need them?

Completely off topic here, but comming from a Country that does not have much for guns, I just don't get this?

THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS! :dunno

PEACE through superior fire power.. oh yea.

you guys have all kinds of ordanance up there.......dont kid yourself.

:dunno

Guest scottstinting

Well I love my guns and my constitution and my rights and if you havny ever noticed no one has ever tryed to take this country over and win ,wouldnt happen and other countrys just the criminals have guns .I have a license to carry a hand gun got it from the sheriffs office perfectly legal but mostly I shoot at the european starlings that got here somehow ,dam birds s**t on everything includeing my customers cars ,well they used to every spring I take them down a knotch

Is there an "opening a can of worms" icon :DD:DD

Guest jimmies
MOBILE?

I peal everything ON the car. gotta be good.............no room for mistakes.

no ego, ok. its just how iv always done it. cant afford a mobile peal board, or want one.

:nope

He's talking about cutting, not pealing. Where do you do your cutting?

Archived